Mcabuyer, Home Buyer in Pasco County, FL

What's going on in the New Port Richey area with all of the sinkholes? I would like to buy in this area, if I can.

Asked by Mcabuyer, Pasco County, FL Sat Feb 19, 2011

Answers

2
As I talk to the various homeowners in this area I have found 1 thing in common relating to sinkholes. The homeowner generally says "my insurance carrier is canceling my policy so before I go to citizens I wanted to make sure." Unfortunately, this area is riddled with sinkholes and the sinkhole repair activity is increasing. You can find the hot areas by looking at the Pasco Property Appraisers website, click information and then click subsidence listing.
Mcabuyer,

Sinkholes are something that should be disclosed by the seller.

Also, When you get a quote for insurance you can ask if a claim has been made for sinkholes on that property.

Insurance companies keep a shared database of that information.
Sinkholes are everywhere, you wont be able to get away from them. I suggest buying a repaired sinkhole home that has been fixed correctly. Once they have been fixed they are better than new and you can still get insurance on it. Better to have the work done already than go through all the hassle to have it fixed.
Flag Fri Aug 30, 2013
Flag Fri Aug 30, 2013