Home Buying in Orange Park>Question Details

E. Cody, Renter in Norwalk, CT

What's are the best surrounding communities of Jacksonville, FL?

Asked by E. Cody, Norwalk, CT Fri Jan 4, 2013

My family is currently looking to relocate to FL from CT. We've been researching the Orange Park area, which seems nice, but what are the areas to avoid? And where are the best school systems and the most diversity in Jacksonville?

Answers

3
I have lived in OP most of my life.. and am very familiar with the schools in the area. Mostly schools are normal schools... I went to OPHS and it is a VERY big school... I know my senior year they got a new principal and he was implementing changes. The school has been undergoing some changes, however, I do know curriculum wise. They is also Ridgeview High School, which someone told me is a magnet school. I believe that was is smaller. Probably better.

For the most part Orange Park is an good area. People who have lived in Orange Park all their lives refer to Fleming Island as were the "rich people" live. LOL.. NICER area, but more expensive.

As far as Jacksonville goes, Mandrain is nice, Southside is nice, Beaches nice, the UPPER Northside is nice, however the lower part of Northside, the area around Lem Turner Blvd is NOT NICE avoid that area. The Westside is so-so depends on where you live.. that pretty much goes for the rest of Jax that I did not mention. A word of advice though...the historic parts of Jax (Springfield, Riverside, Five Points) are nice but have a high burglary rate(there was a news report on it once).

But I know realtors will certainly steer you into the right direction within your budget.
Hi, we recently moved from RI to Orange Park. My stepson transferred to Orange Park High School and he hasn't had any problems. We find most of the Jacksonville area in general to be very diverse, probably because of all the military families in the area. There are some areas in Orange Park to avoid buying/renting in - mainly areas where the housing stock is old navy housing - but basically it's just a typical suburban area. You can check greatschools.com for ratings on the schools.
Many buyers are looking for the Mandarin/Bartram area as well as Orange Park. They really like the schools as well as the location! Contact me for more information!
Thank you. Will do. However, we are just doing our homework now. We'd be planning to relocate by Summer 2014.
Flag Mon Jan 7, 2013