Home Buying in Scarsdale>Question Details

aguaimao, Home Buyer in Scarsdale, NY

What's an easy way to find a list of houses in a specific school district?

Asked by aguaimao, Scarsdale, NY Wed Sep 12, 2012

I am interested in buying a house in Scarsdale school district. What's an easy way to find a list of houses in a specific school district? It seems Trulia's school district based search does not really work. I saw some houses not in the school district still get listed.

Answers

14
Ronald Howell’s answer
Contact you school board to get the boundaries for the school district your looking to reside in. After that forward that information to your Realtor for them to provide a list of properties within the school boundary.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 13, 2012
The easiest way is to work with an agent of your own....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 13, 2012
The most effective way would be to ask a local Realtor to do this for you. While there are many free online sites to allow consumers to search fro real estate none are going to offer the level of control you're looking for.

At one point you're going to want to have a buyer broker assist you anyway so you may as well find one now (see link below) and then put them to work.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 13, 2012
Agents can run by school district which info comes from mls information but if you find something you like i would chech to make sure. if you need assistance email DreamHomesNY@aol.com
Since many schoo district boundaries are irregular and sometimes confusing, this can be a source for a great deal of misinformation....any generated list could may lead you to mistakes. The absolutely best way to access acurate information is via the school district office. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and reliable information.

I live and work in Scarsdale. I would be happy to set up a search for you for Scarsdale schools that will really work, and show you what is currently on the market, what is in contract and even what has just sold ( with the asking and selling price so you can see what is going on in the market). It will also constantly update itself as changes occur.
I can even set it up to search just for a specific elementary school, since Scarsdale has 5 if you have your heart set on just one specific one.
Westchester is unique in the fact that we have P.O. box addresses which is not the same in the rest of the country so the common search engines like Trulia, Zillow and Realtor.com are not always set up accurately which can be frustrating.
Also, having been in the area for so many years, I will be happy to also guide you on what is a busy street or far from the train, if you are not local and have questions that need to be answered about specific listings.

Mindy Gerstein
Prudentinal Centennial Realty
mgerstein@prucentennial.com
Hi: I can easily create a search for you & email you all the houses that are in a specific segment: school district, post office, town, price range, size range, etc. Then we want to analyze those houses to find you the very best deal in your segment. Please call me if you want to talk more about it: 914-273-9688. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 80% with no fees.
Your best bet is to have an agent search directly through the MLS to narrow down specific districts. Scarsdale can encompass a few districts so you'll want the most accurate info.

Chris
The easiest way (and fastest) to find a home is to work with a Realtor. Realtor's can find your perfect house in the Scarsdale school district and can define your search based on dozens of other criteria, bedrooms, baths, square feet, size of property, amenities, how many mirrors are in the house, well maybe not, but we can take all your criteria and give you a list in minutes, really!

Debby Frank
Scarsdale, NY
(914) 498-5443
http://www.westchesterbydebbyfrank.kwrealty.com
debbyshomes@aol.com

Simply try the old fashion way before computers! Buy a Scarsdale city street map. If the address falls inside the city limits you will have a house that belongs to Scarsdale schools.

Hope that helps!
The problem with many of the search engines is they rely on zip codes. Unfortunately, unlike most areas throughout the US, one particular zip code can cover multiple school districts in Westchester. Take 10583, for example which covers not only the Scarsdale school district but homes in the Edgemont,, Eastchester, New Rochelle and Yonkers school districts. There are some search engines that can be further refined to include a specific school district. I would be happy to help you set one up or your specific needs. Please feel free to contact me at lklein@prucentennal.com. All the best, Lisa Klein
Hi! You can use my website and do search Hudsonvalleynyhomesearch.com just click under more options. If any questions you can always call!
True. It's not just on Trulia that it can get confusing. There are areas of Eastchester, Ardsley and New Rochelle that have the 10583 Scarsdale zip code but are not in the Scarsdale school district.
The best way to run a search is to have a local real estate agent run the search on the MLS using your specific search parameters. The MLS system allows for specific school district searches, even down to a specific elementary school.
I would be happy to run a search for you.
Lindak@platinumdr.com
Using a local real estate agent is the best way to keep the search in your target school district!
I'd be happy to help.
Lindak@platinumdr.com
http://Www.platinumdr.com