Home Buying in Bozeman>Question Details

Brian Aitken, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

What's a reasonable price for a lot up in Battle Ridge Ranch? I see a few listed at ~$99k but many of them are seasonal access without utilities.

Asked by Brian Aitken, Pittsburgh, PA Sat Feb 1, 2014

Answers

3
Erin Mandeville’s answer
The most current sale closed at about $10,000 per acre on Skunk Creek in 2013 (and that was with the water being the Buyers responsibility. As you noted Brian, there is a lot of variation in the area and access in some areas may not be for the faint of heart! For the tougher to locate parcels, the property may be valued more in the $6,000 per acre range and for the premium lots it may be as much as $20,000 an acre. If this is an area you have your eye on, I'd love to help you find the perfect lot for you at a price commiserate with the market.
Brian,

It is hard to say exactly. 9 Lots sold in Battle Ridge between 2004 and 2006 for an average price of $119,888. None have sold since then. The 2 listed currently (99k) have an average DOM of 252 so it's safe to say the price may be a little high. If you are interested in more information about sold comparables in Bridger canyon give me a call.

Mike
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 2, 2014
Price will vary by who owns it, how long they've paid taxes on it, where they live such that they can regularly use the property or not, etc. Cost per acre is generally higher there than other Gallatin County locations like Ponderosa Pines Ranch (PPR). Use http://www.Realtor.com with 181801 for an example of an acreage on the side of PPR that has electrical grid. 172059 is another example. These have 4 miles of public lands along the Missouri River with public raft-boat put-in. Email me back separately from Trulia if you want a map emailed.