Home Buying in Bushkill>Question Details

Mom, Home Buyer in Blakeslee, PA

What reviews do you have for Saw Creek Estates?

Asked by Mom, Blakeslee, PA Fri Oct 26, 2012

Answers

5
Andrew Wilkinson’s answer
Hi "Mom",

I did some digging around for reviews of this neighborhood, but found conflicting information.

One Google Reviewer rated it as "Excellent" overall, adding "Loved it", whereas Jim, a user on Trulia went into more detail.

Jim rated it one star out of five, saying that the neighborhood could be "great once again... but bad leadership has caused a decline in the community"

I hope that helps,

Andrew
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 30, 2012
it's not a great neighborhood anymore, Saw Creek Landlords have a contract with Section 8, of Newark, since then, drugs and crime is now running rampant, parents don't watch their kids, kids dealing dope, smoking. Its just now worth it anymore, it was nice, now not so much.
Flag Sat Apr 4, 2015
I was there.... shopped for a home there. Stay Away. Crime and a bad element. Head a little bit north to Lords Valley - Hawley - Greentown areas.
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013
looked in Saw Creek Estates when I was buying a home in PA.
Stay Away! SCE has high crime and a bad element.
Go a little north to the Lords Valley - Hawley - Greentown areas.
I own a home in NYC and also one in Saw Creek Estates. When I first moved up here, I was shock to see the prices were so reasonable. I guess I was so used to NYC prices. I told my friends and two of them also brought homes right after I did. They too, were so amazed at the value they got and are very happy. I travel quite frequently to Saw Creek almost every weekend and stay at least 3 weeks in the summer. I can say for sure that it is a wonderful community with lots of amenities. Check out their website for all the great facilities they have. They have a really nice gym with indoor tennis courts and a racquetball court. Believe me, I grew up a gym rat and their facilities are well kept. Can you believe that they even have their own ski slope? That's a four seasons community! People in general are very nice. The folks that run this place are very professional. This community is relaxing and pretty safe to me. Try a rental unit for a few days and form your own opinion.
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
Saw Creek is not Vero Beach, Fl. This area is diversified and the people living and managing the community are very professional. The community is gated, many amenities and is well taken care of.
You want an area without people just buy 20 acres and put a fence up. Maybe you will be happy living with no shopping or amenities near by.

T.T.
i was looking at homes in saw creek, but have been warned there are many areas of the estates in decline. this affects both the property values and my sense of security.

of course, i lived not far from blakelee, and love that area. the same could be said: some parts of blakeslee are in decline; others are not.

the difference is saw creek is meant to be a somewhat upscale estate, with dues and property taxes to match.

at least blakeslee had pride of ownership without all that.
If you're from the Bronx, love Latin music blasted to drown out the lawn mowers at all hours, disrespect from neighbors, speak Spanish with little attempt to speak English, use the F word in every other syllable in normal conversation, this is the place for you. If not, go more north.
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013
Flag Sat Jul 6, 2013
I looked in Saw Creek Estates when I was buying a home in PA.
Flag Tue Jan 29, 2013