Home Buying in Madison>Question Details

sewer1947, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

What rent could I charge for a house on Craig ave. madison wi

Asked by sewer1947, Orlando, FL Wed May 14, 2014

Answers

6
Maggie is correct. Until more units are sold off by the 2 major owners, you would be in violation of the current rules and regulations if you tried to be an absentee owner. Other than that, I've helped a few people buy there and they love the location. Amy Fosdick of Anchor Bank did a wonderful job for my client last year and has competitive rates as well. You might want to consider some other projects for an investment. I can certainly understand not wanting to shovel snow or mow lawns as an owner. (I moved to a condo 4 years ago already) Be glad to answer more questions for you off-line Eric
You can't rent it out. The neighborhood covenant prohibits more than a certain percentage of the houses being rented out, and the rentals are already at that upper limit.
If you are talking about the two bedroom condos on Craig Avenue I have a friend that rented one and she paid $900 per month
800-900 Would be my guess.
When I'm asked this question, I look at comparable homes on Craigslist, ideally in the same neighborhood, in Madison for the most current data on rents. This is the best resource for pricing rentals. I would give more weight to this than anecdotal information.
Hi there,
It's definitely tough without seeing the type of home, the condition, the sq footage, etc etc etc. I also own rental property and the monthly rent is driven by these factors and more.

If you respond with the type of home it is, or some of the specifics, I might be able to help you out.

Thanks!