Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Amanda Cliff…, Home Buyer in Miami-dade County, FL

What questions about refinancing are asked most frequently? I need help thinking what kinds of questions I should even be considering!

Asked by Amanda Clifford, Miami-dade County, FL Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

4
Amanda -
1) Annual Percentage Rate (APR)? - don't get fooled by a "teaser"
2) What's effective cost for total refi package? Good Faith Estimate should help here
3) How much do you want to refi? If you have good equity, consider not going to a full 80-20 loan-to-value (LTV) and use your equity to qualify and maybe even get a better loan rate/APR
4) Is there a pre-payment penalty?
5) Is a 15 year package available (again, if you have good equity, this may help too)?
6) Do you want to push back to 30 years if you've been paying for a substantial time already?
7) do you need or want cash out of this? Suggestion = don't take it if you do not need it

Those are a few off the top of my head and hope they help. Cheers!
Do I have enough equity in my home for a refi? Otherwise, would I waste my time and money on an appraisal? What will the closing costs be, if any? Am I getting the best rate possible? Would it be worth paying down points to get a better rate? Do I have good credit? Good Luck!

Blanca Dover, REALTOR
Century21 Hometown Realty

Website: http://www.blancadover.com
Web Reference: http://www.blancadover.com
The questions should be directly related to the reasons why you are considering to refinance your home in the first place. Are you looking for a lower monthly payment to ease your total monthly expenses? Are you looking to refinance to cash money out for remodeling, business ventures, etc?
Dear Amanda,

1. Do I have time to spare?
2. What is the rate I can get and what my monthly payment will be?
3. What are my closing costs?
4. Do I have good enough credit?
5. Do I have equity in my home?
6. How long till my house is paid off?
7. Is there a fee to pay off this loan early?