1) Annual Percentage Rate (APR)? - don't get fooled by a "teaser"
2) What's effective cost for total refi package? Good Faith Estimate should help here
3) How much do you want to refi? If you have good equity, consider not going to a full 80-20 loan-to-value (LTV) and use your equity to qualify and maybe even get a better loan rate/APR
4) Is there a pre-payment penalty?
5) Is a 15 year package available (again, if you have good equity, this may help too)?
6) Do you want to push back to 30 years if you've been paying for a substantial time already?
7) do you need or want cash out of this? Suggestion = don't take it if you do not need it
Those are a few off the top of my head and hope they help. Cheers!
Blanca Dover, REALTOR
Century21 Hometown Realty
1. Do I have time to spare?
2. What is the rate I can get and what my monthly payment will be?
3. What are my closing costs?
4. Do I have good enough credit?
5. Do I have equity in my home?
6. How long till my house is paid off?
7. Is there a fee to pay off this loan early?