Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

What programs are currently offered for first time home buyers in Houston?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Thu Aug 2, 2012

This is a popular question in Las Vegas and the team at Trulia thought it would be helpful for consumers in Houston, TX too!

I am planning a move in the beginning of next year. How far in advance should I start the process of getting approved for a loan? What things should I work on to improve my credit while I am waiting?

Answers

2
A First Time Homebuyer is generally considered to be soneone who has not owned a home in the past 3 years. There are several programs available to First Time Homebuyers in Texas - 1) Texas First Time Homebuyer Program; 2) City of Houston HOPE program; 3) Harris County Down Payment Assistance Program; 4) SETH Homebuyer Assistance Programs for homes located outside Harris County; 5) Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program; 6) Veterans Land Board - just to name a few. You should contact a lender to determine which programs you qualify for, take the appropriate homebuyer orientation class, and then happy house hunting!

I am a Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager for Academy Mortgage and would be glad to talk with you more about buying a home now or in the future. I can pull a free credit report, and discuss several loan options with you. With your free credit report, I can provide you with a credit analyzer that will provide details of anything you could do to increase your score whether you decide to buy now or later. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience. You can also complete the application on-line if you want to start there. http://www.CloseWithAddie.com
My cell phone is 832-754-6711 and e-mail is Addie.Sechelski@AcademyMortgage.com I am happy to answer all your questions, and I specialize in 1st time Homebuyers. Congratulations on making the first step towards being a homeowner!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Addie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 8, 2012
HI MY NAME IS KEITH WEBB AND IM WANTING TO BUY MY FIRST HOME IN THE HOUSTON AREA I HERE THERE IS A PROGRAM THAT IS OUT THERE THAT WILL PAY MY DOWN PAYMENT ON THE HOME I WANT TO BUY BUT I NOW NOTHING ABOUT IT. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU CAN HELP ME
Flag Sun Jan 5, 2014