Satish, Home Buyer in Attleboro, MA

What price should i shop for if i want my price paid to be near 275k?.?

Asked by Satish, Attleboro, MA Sun Aug 3, 2008

Almost 60% of the houses we see are short sale,thrid party approval or bank owned. sadly most are thrashed requiring major work. i am pulling hair as to what to buy we go look at a house and aug 1st the prices dropped from 10k to 20k for some reason on most of them.
I hope i can find a half a decent house for 275k in north attleboro . I am 6 3 and most houses i have to watch my head is that some thing people live with i am just curious?
I just prequalified for 400k as i am purchase well within my limits it will not be a problem but i am unable to find a house.

Answers

9
Annette Reynolds’ answer
Satish, according to the sales statistics for the past 6 months, the average price of a single family home in North Attleboro was $376,282 and the median price was $329,000. About 35 of the 89 homes that sold were below $299K. These numbers describe the market in the town you're looking at. Also, the average selling price was 96% of the asking price.

I have worked with buyers in a similar situation to you - unable to find the home they wish to buy in the price range they wish to pay. There will be a home or homes that come onto the market that you will want to consider. You must be patient if you are unwilling to change your criteria. For one client, we went into a neighboring town where values were significantly lower that where they were looking. For another client, we just waited until the home of her dreams came on the market, saw it and wrote an offer on the spot.

The parameters that are most important to you will drive your search. If you must move because of a job change, lease ending or another child, the need to move will trump most other concerns. If you will not pay more than a certain amount each month, then other factors such as location or condition may become less important.

I trust you are working with an experienced agent who can advise you as to what is reasonable and what may not be achieveable. Good luck with your search.

Annette
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 4, 2008
If you can't find what you want in the $275 Range and you have been approved for more look at homes a little more expensive. The market is the Market $275,000 is going to get you properties similar to what you are looking at. I am 6 3 as well and head room is always a priority.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 4, 2008
First of all a local REALTOR can help! I am finding homes are starting to be priced right, but we still have some that might be $20k OVERPRICED. Talk to a local REALTOR and they will be happy to help you. I just put one under agreemnt that was $175K and they won't even have to paint its that good. A full time REALTOR that gets into many homes durning the week can help you stop pulling your hair out, as you can see in my profile picture that has been done allready. Let me help find you a home!
Satish

Work with a Buyers Agent (who will represent you - NOT THE SELLER).

A buyers agent can advise on what to offer, and would not fall pray to the "I have other offers coming". Remember, the selling agents job is to get the highest offer for the seller.

If, I acan be of assistance, please give me a call or email me.

amsrealestate@charter.net
774-526-2457
Oh well no bite they do not care for my offer . it is in a estate and the kids want every cent .
171 Kelley Blvd ,North attleboro MA.

i have a buyers agent who has been very good. she suggests from looking at the market that i should make an offer for 300k and 8k closing cost pay back.so they get 292k.

she is pointing that this house is best we have seen in this price range[we saw about 15] and also that its not in any bank or foreclosure issues. the owner wants it sold but seems not to be in any hurry so she wants to make a reasonable offfer.
Advice:

#1 The "showing" agent you speak of works for the seller, not you, and legally they are obligated to the seller, so you need to get yourself a buyers agent that works for you only.
#2 Don't let other potential offers pressure you into submitting a quick offer or over paying (this sometimes happens to buyers and it can put you in a serious bind when you go to resell).
#3 $280,000 seems like a fair offer price although that is a 10% discount off the current asking price so be prepared to negotiate. If I knew the actual area I could tell you if that is reasonable compared to recent sold data.

hope that helps. And seriously consider my #1 piece of advice.
We saw a house today , it was listed for 310k and me and my wife absolutely love the house. It was framed for 2 garage but never finished so if i put doors i get 2 garages.Built in 94 and have hugh catherial ceilings.

Best part is it is in a very good school district to boot. I think if i finish the bottom floor which only does not have heat and put 2 garage doors the value of the house is going to go up quiet a few bucks,

now i have to make an offer i am thinking 280k is it too low.

showing agent mentioned she got 4 calls and we are the only one to see it. it was listed at 330k and now is at 310k.