Home Buying in Minnesota>Question Details

Ron Cleland, Real Estate Pro in Hutchinson, MN

What percentage of your clients choose to have a home inspection?

Asked by Ron Cleland, Hutchinson, MN Wed Feb 13, 2013

Answers

9
100% of our buyers order a home inspection. A quality inspection is cheap insurance. If everything is great it feels good to know you made a sound choice. If there is a major defect, that is vital to know. And if there are small problems it may allow the buyer to renegotiate.

I also have all sellers do inspections on their own homes. We use the clean inspections as part of our marketing.
Web Reference: http://www.mywra.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 14, 2013
Hi Ron,

Even from a financing perspective, in dealing with clients we always recommend the inspection. (I scratch my head in a bit of confusion when I see clients who do not exercise that.) In fact, on an FHA loan as part of the mortgage documents (HUD-92564-CN) it is required that we issue this doc...For Your Protection: Get a Home Inspection.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 6, 2013
100%......................
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
Every one who isn't planning to tear it down.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
Yep...it's all about presentation! 100% ..........we have them sigh a waiver up front that says they either agree or do not agree with having an inspection. Very few need to be persuaded.

Ron,
All the smart ones!
Would you buy a used car without have it checked?
Hi, Ron!!
I'd say darn near close to 100%. The only exceptions would perhaps be during the times when the market was REALLY hot hot hot and some buyers wanted to win in a multiple offer situation, so they'd submit an offer not contingent on the inspection. But, usually, they'd have the inspection, just not make their purchase subject to those findings.

good luck~
Ron,

I strongly encourage them to have one, I personally had an offer on a property that we found 25,000 plus in needed repairs that we missed when we looked at the property. It is worth every penny, but make sure you have a good inspector and call their refrences, there is not much worse than paying for a worthless inspection.
95% will have a home inspection. A few will have family members that will review the property for the buyers.