nmabop1, Home Buyer in Santa Fe County, NM

What percentage of homes are bought online without a physical tour?

Asked by nmabop1, Santa Fe County, NM Wed Jan 9, 2013

Leigh-Jo Anzures’ answer
I imagine there are some homes bought online, but the exact percent, I don't believe there is accurate data on it. However, the question is, whether or not it is safe for either party to buy or sell their home online.

Generally, if someone is attempting to buy your home online, you probably have better odds of winning the lottery than the buyer not being a scammer. It's a common scam for someone to show interest in buying a seller's home.

If you're the buyer, it's not a good idea to buy an item of this scale without viewing and/or inspecting it.

What situation are you facing?

Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
I understand the concern..We are reviewing by internet now, but we are planing a visit with our short list, and inspections before we buy..
In eight years, I have had two offers from buyers who had not seen the property. In both cases, we asked that the sale be contingent upon the buyer seeing the property and in both cases the deals terminated.
Dear NMAbop1,

Good question for someone shopping for real estate online. To my knowledge, there is no data source available to answer this question. Hopefully, common sense will prevail for anyone searching for a home online without the help of an experienced broker. The bottom line is would you purchase a car today without starting it? The same applies for a home purchase especially in Santa Fe NM where so many homes are different given the age of our community. If you can not experience the home prior to making an offer, I encourage you to make a preview of the property in a short time period a contingency.

Best of luck in your home search.
Web Reference: http://www.emilymedvec.com
I am assuming it is near zero. Unless you have money to burn it is more than risky.
I don't know of any statistics out there to answer this question but I would hope the answer would be zero.
None. It is a stupid idea. Don't do it and don't accept an offer if you are a seller. Something is fishy and behind the refrigerator there is no dead fish.