Home Buying in Pawtucket>Question Details

haroldRod1, Home Buyer in Pawtucket, RI

What percentage below a listing price should I expect to purchase a home in this buyers market?

Asked by haroldRod1, Pawtucket, RI Sun Oct 16, 2011

Answers

7
Harold, I have run an analysis for this by town/city and can send it to you in excel or pdf format. If you would like a copy of it please go to my web site and hit the "CONTACT US" button on the left side menu. Tell me what City you would like and I will email it to you. Joe
Web Reference: http://www.joedelsesto.com
Good Morning Harold,

With all the different prices properties are being listed for, it will be necessary to complete a market analysis on the property you are lookiing to put an offer on. Prior to moving forward, you should locate a buyers agent in your area to ensure the correct research has been completed.

Please contact me with any questions you have as I am a local Real Estate Broker consultant and would be more than happy to assist you with your home buying process.

Monalisa Aguiar
401-413-8581
Hello haroldRod1,
As others have said; some properties are overpriced to begin with so you really can't determine a purchase price based on a percentage off from the list price.

An experienced local agent would be able to discuss comparable homes that have recently sold in that neighborhood to give you a better idea on what to offer.

I suggest that you interview a few RE agents in your area (if you haven't already) to assist you with your home purchase. The agent will work for you in your best interests to get you the best price possible.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 16, 2011
Hi Harold. It all depends what neighborhood in Pawtucket. My office is right on Newport Avenue. I can help you. Call me tomorrow. 401-305-6906
I agree with the last poster. In Greenwci and Darien CT the sale to list price average is around 5% for properties priced under 1 million. You need that stat for the area of interest to you. This is just a benchmark and overpriced homes don't sell. So if you take the 5% sale to list price and use it against a property that is on the market and priced below or above market value you could miss a opportunity or pay to much.
If you need help finding a expert agent in your area I have many so please don't hesitate to contact me.
It really depends on how the house is priced within the current market and who is selling it.
Hi Harold. That is a difficult question to answer. It has more to do with how the house is priced and knowing what it is really worth than trying to figure out a "percentage". Do yourself a favor and get a buyers agent. They will be more help than any general answer someone can give you from trulia.

If you need help, let me know. I will do some research to find the best agent in your area.

Be well, and good luck!