Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Race2run, Home Buyer in New York, NY

What official documents would I need to house hunt on a friend's behalf?

Asked by Race2run, New York, NY Sun Apr 7, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Race2run
what type of property are you looking for. At what point will the buyer look at the property and make
the final decision, or are you making it. Any and all of the documents mentioned will of course be
helpful to show that you are really serious, and should you find the right one, make an offer.
If you contact me directly I can start some research to see what may fit the bill but I will need
a lot of details. good luck in your search.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
Depends, are you simply previewing properties for your friend....why doesn't your friend simply work with an agent of his/her own....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 8, 2013
Dear Race2run:

A New York State house hunting license. All kidding aside, if you want to sign legal documents on your friends behalf you would need to be given power of attorney in a legal fashion. Your best bet would be to speak to a great attorney who specializes in Brooklyn Real Estate.

Also, make sure your friends financing is in order. In other words, make sure you have proof of funds and a pre-approval letter if you are seeking financing.

If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
None, but most Realtors will not want to invest their time if the buyer is not present.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
You should also have a pre-approval for your friend, and/or proof of funds. Most agents are reluctant to deal with 3rd parties because it's important for the principal to get a sense of what is out there
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
You can look at as many homes you want without any however to make an offer you would need a power of attorney or such. Have your friend hire a buyer broker who will be familiar with your situation and assist you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 7, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer