Home Buying in South Bend>Question Details

baviran, Home Buyer in South Bend, IN

What neighbourhoods favoured by high degrees students at the University of Notre Dame?

Asked by baviran, South Bend, IN Fri Oct 26, 2012

I am looking for an investment in South Bend and this is my target audience.
If it wasn't clear, I want to buy a house and rent it.

Neighborhoods close to campus or that could easily be used for this are generally expensive or relatively expensive for our market, $90,000 and above. As you move farther away some better prices are available but then the desirability for your application decreases. We so though have a number of colleges in our area, Bethel, and IUSB all of which may have some student rental need. ND/St Mary's/Holy Cross will of course have the largest demand.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 26, 2012
The closer to campus the usually the better. Most prefer to be able to bike or walk.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 26, 2012
Please don't overlook the possibility of IUSB students - rentals are just as high in demand for that student community. I have worked with students and faculty from both communities and with graduates of Bethel who have decided to remain in the area...there is a lot of rental possibility awaiting you!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
according to the statistics that were shown at this weeks meeting they are in areas all over town not in just one area. I have lived here all my life and in Real Estate 42 years so if you want to contact me at 574-292-0468 I will go over your personal needs and be able to give you the best personal fit for you and a family if you have one. I am more then happen to show you around so you can learn the area.