Home Buying in Middleton>Question Details

Faith, Other/Just Looking in Middleton, WI

What neighborhoods have home with mature trees and sidewalks in Middleton, Wi? We are relocating and would like to settle in such a neighborhood.

Asked by Faith, Middleton, WI Thu Jun 2, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Faith,

Great question! I, too, love mature trees and established neighborhoods. I'm glad to hear you're interested in the Middleton area. Middleton is my specialty! I absolutely love the area.

One of my favorite neighborhoods in Middleton is the Foxridge Hills area. It is complete with mature trees, sidewalks, gorgeous surroundings, a great recreational park (Stricker Park) w/ pond. I made a VIDEO TOUR on the Foxridge Hills neighborhood (among others) on my site: <a href=
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 2, 2011
The Meadows neighborhood (east of Park St and the downtown area) also offers a relatively affordable area with mature tree settings, walkable to schools, downtown, shops, parks, and is easily accessible to both University Ave (to go downtown), Park St (to go south) and to the 12/18 highway. Many residents are aging out and the area is already showing signs of revival.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Middleton, once a suburb itself, does have a small walkable downtown area with shops, restaurants and desirable amenities. Most of these features are just east of the University Ave. corridor between Branch St. and Park St. I might suggest you pull up a google map, familiarize yourself with the area just east of Tiedeman's Pond, both east and west of Park St. This area has a lot of character and walkable amenities. (I'm assuming that's what you were going to use the sidewalks for.)

There are several parts of Middleton with mature tree and sidewalks but less walkable amenities. Most of the neighborhoods inside the belt line and HWY M will qualify though some will be easier to get around on foot.

Ben Anton
Web Reference: http://www.benanton.com
Middleton is a fairly small community and the number of older neighborhoods is limited.

I would be happy share listings with you and provide any other detailed information that you might find useful.

Paul Anderson
Madison Buyer Agency
(608) 213.1352