Home Buying in Valley Oak>Question Details

Nadia, Home Buyer in Valley Oak, Stockton,...

What neigborhood are great to buy in Stockton? What does HOA's do for the buyer?

Asked by Nadia, Valley Oak, Stockton, CA Tue Mar 2, 2010

Answers

1
Hello Nadia and thanks for your post.

As an HOA manager, forward plannter, consultant and Realtor, I can help you with your HOA question, but would need to know what you'd like to know about HOAs. If you are asking specifically how an HOA might help or hurt a home's present and/or future value, I'd need to know what type of home you're considering--condo, planned development (attached homes) or planned development detached homes. If you want to know, procedurally, how an HOA is involved in the sale, the answer for that one is that the HOA only provides documents and will charge either the seller or buyer for the cost of those documents. For more information about HOAs and how they operate, check out my website below, and click on "blogs" to read my three-part piece on the ABCs of HOAs.

Grace Morioka, SRES, Realtor, Facilitator, HOA Expert
San Jose, CA