Home Buying in San Mateo>Question Details

Sam, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

What more in monthly expenses can i expect?

Asked by Sam, Los Angeles, CA Fri May 2, 2008

I am a first time home buyer looking to buy in SF area. My question is apart from mortgage (principal interest), what more do home owners have to pay for on monthly basis and how much would it come out to be on a $600k house?

Answers

1
Besides P & I you can expect to pay monthly for homeowner's insurance, property taxes for sure. Then additional expenses may or may not Mello Roos tax or special assessment tax, supplemental property tax for your first year to cover the difference between what you paid at closing for current property taxes and the new assessment for property taxes that will be calculated each January of the following calendar year, PMI insurance if you plan to put less than 20% down payment towards the purchase and a homeowner's association fee (if applicable). That should be about it as far as a recurring cost itemization. All other expenses are paid through escrow or at final funding. I'm not including any utilities or property maintenance expenses. Hope that helps! Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 2, 2008