Home Buying in Crown Heights>Question Details

Marc Verebey, Real Estate Pro in Nyack, NY

What month is the best month to put nyc condo for sale?

Asked by Marc Verebey, Nyack, NY Mon Feb 25, 2013

Condo is located in Brooklyn

Answers

8
Dear Marc:

The best month for you to put your NYC condo for sale is now and/or when you are ready to sell. Although there are some times of the year that are busier than others as far as the sheer volume of sales go, there is never a bad time to place your property on the market. During the slow times there are less buyers looking but there are also far less homes for sale. Hence the buyers that are out there during the slower months tend to be more serious and motivated. Those types of buyers are quality buyers. I would dare to say that you have more quality buyers looking in the slow times as opposed to the busy times.

In the end, it all balances out. Aside from that, we always know where the market is today, right now. Tomorrow is uncertain, things can get a lot better or worse in a heartbeat. If you are a gambling individual, you may want to wait thinking you can sell for a higher price at another time, but in the end there is no guarantee.

I would suggest that you have several real estate agents that work in your area meet with you, view your home and then have them share their thoughts with you as to how the market as a whole is performing right now and how much your condo would be worth today. Then you can make the best decision for yourself from there. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me direct. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Get a current market analysis and I bet there are a lot of pending close if your market is anything like mine. The good stuff sells, the bad and overpriced just sit there. Pent up demand, still cheap mortgage rates-but rising are increasing the active buyer pool. Sooner rather than later makes sense unless you need to make improvements to eliminate the objection. Carpet/paint goes a long way, talk to a recommended local agent about what your unit is relative to active, closed and most importantly the homes that went under contract in the last 2 months awaiting to close. That gives you an idea of momentum.

If you like my answer, best answer and thumbs up me, thx!
The best time is when you are ready to sell and need to sell.....
Last year homes in the NYC area, sold for an average of 10% of asking
price. Many of my clients are surprised at how high this number is, and I
explain that buyers are shopping for the best priced home in their price range

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Contrary to what many will say....there is no season for selling property. It's simply a matter of finding a buyer and this can be done regardless of the month or season. So the best month, in one in which you identify a buyer.
Good morning Marc,

To be brutally honest with you: NOW

The traditional buying season is from Mid March to late May. Everyone wants their affairs in order over the summer befor Labor day (usually).

If your buying or selling feel free to call me for any information... It's free.

Luke Constantino
REMAX NEW YORK
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
261 4th Avenuue, Brooklyn NY 11215
When you are ready to move! Baring in mind from finding a buyer to closing normaly takes 3 months so 3-6 months before you need/want to move, is when you want to put it on the market.
Traditionaly people feel the Spring market is the best time to put any property on the market; this is probably true if you are moving a family due to school years, the family moves over the summer break, ready for the new school year in September. The streets and neighborhoods generaly look better in the spring and early summer months. After tax season (April) buyers begin to wake up to the fact that they need to buy and get some tax deductions etc etc etc... there are many reasons to put something on the market in the spring. But the bottom line is , are you ready to move? Why are you selling?
Rates will stay low for a while yet, prices are definatly on the up side. The market is on your side.
Kathryn Lilly.
Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
718-858-7600
Hi Marc
TODAY - if your selling it needs to be marketing now, rates are still low. When can I view it
and bring you a CMA. Please contact me directly so I can prepare some reports for you
and set up an appointment.
Looking forward to meeting you real soon.
madelinepadovano@fillmore.com