Shillafm, Home Buyer in Mission Bay, San Fra...

What month is best to sell in San Francisco?

Asked by Shillafm, Mission Bay, San Francisco, CA Fri Jul 10, 2009

I was asked to post more info. I am in Bernal Heights on Andrerson at Powhatten. It's 1600 square feet, single family, two story, 4 beds 2 bath.

Answers

11
Lance R King’s answer
Shiilafm,

To answer your question, there really is no "Best Month." While traditionally summer and winter months are slower, there really is no traditionally in the market we're in and these months tend to have less inventory so it's often an opportunity, particularly for properties with price/location/property specifics appeal.

But choosing who takes your property to market is as important if not more so than when. It used to be that it didn't really matter who listed your property, but now it matters a lot because it takes more than sticking it on the MLS and waiting for offers. The best thing you can do is interview several reputable agents, review their credentials, their marketing plan for your property, and choose the one who fits you best.

Lance King/Managing Broker
415.722.5549
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jul 10, 2009
Shilla,

We're happy you've chosen Zephyr Real Estate to represent you!

Michael Ackerman
Zephyr Real Estate
ABZ@ZephyrSF.com
415-695-2715
Time of the year reall isn't that important.

http://www.gregorygarver.com
The best time to sell is when you are ready! Many markets revolve around the school year, but not ours. I find the least productive months to launch a marketing campaign are (in this order) December (worst), November and August. So much more goes into the process that I hesitate to try to put it all in an email.

Want to discuss the process further? How about a meeting or a call? Cee Jay Dawes 415 793 1276.
PUTTING YOU FIRST
Web Reference: http://www.ceejaydawes.com
You have a very desirable property on a great street in Bernal which equates to a high DOLLAR value. However, it not about the best month to sell, but market conditions you should consider before listing to sell. Right now (July 2009), the market in Bernal Heights is HOT. Last November to March, the market was FLAT.
What to consider:
1. If there are many competing listings in your area for sale, this will spread out the buyers and lower prices so market timing is critical.
2. If you property shows great and priced well, you will most likely have multiple offers and your property will sell within 2-4 weeks with present market conditions.
3. Interview 3 different REALTORS and compare pricing strategy, marketing techniques, experience, and customer satisfaction ratings.
Web Reference: http://SFlisting.com
Dear Shillafm:

I hope this answer finds you well. As a few other agents have pointed out, traditionally the end of summer and the Dec/Jan holidays have always been "slower" months in real estate sales, though a well priced deal, in a good location will sell regardless of the month. It sounds like you are in the beginning stages of investigating your options about the disposition of your home. If you are interested in having a complimentary and up-to-date market analysis on your property, please contact me.

Whether you are planning to sell or hold the property, I would like to help you make the most informed decision about your equity. Additionally, if you would like to learn more about current market conditions and/or recent transactions in your neighborhood, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Laila Salma

Laila Salma
Investment Sales Associate
DRE # 01722808

Salma & Company
1958 Union Street
San Francisco, CA 94123

415.931.2998 T
415.929.1530 F

http://www.salma-co.com
Great location, depending on how you present it, it shouldn't matter what month, although you will probably get the most traffic in May / June.
Web Reference: http://www.skyboxrealty.com
Some people are waiting until September, but I would prefer to stand ahead of the crowd and put it on the market sooner. I have sold a lot in Bernal Heights and have a client looking to buy there now. I would be glad to talk to you about value and marketing.

It is best to use an agent for new construction who knows what concessions to ask for and how to get the best deal for you. Otherwise, the seller will be representing you and they know how to protect their bottom line at your expense.

Shaban Shakoori, Broker/Attorney
TRI Coldwell Banker, SF's #1 Office
415.229.1313
shaban@residentialsf.com
Dear Shillafm,

Lance has a good answer. Interview agents and pick the one you feel best represents all aspects of the sale from working well with you as well as buyers to knowledge of the market and importantly, has a good marketing plan that includes using the Internet to your advantage. For buying at any of the new complexes in Mission Bay, South Beach and SOMA your agent should have a good working knowledge of new construction and the differences in the contracts. Be sure to take an agent with you (because her fudiciary responsibility it to you!)

All of us would welcome your call or email.

Cheers,

Sally
The spring. Spring time in Paris......C'est tres bon!
Shillafm,

Oh you'll do well my friend, Bernal is where I have owned since 1983 - You're describing a sweet spot coupled with a popular bedroom and bath count. This week I closed on 316 Richland and I'm looking forward to bringing another property on the north slope to market in a few weeks.

If you're interested in a real comparable market analysis from a seasoned agent feel free to give a call. Please don't rely on automated evaluation models as they are for amusement purposes only. Even the disclaimers they have basically state the same. It takes someone with vision to assist a seller in maximizing a property, giving up to the minute market advice.

All my best,

Mike Ackerman
Zephyr Real Estate - 24th Street Office
ABZ@ZephyrSF.com
415-307-5850