Home Buying in Lake Mary>Question Details

Marilyn Elio…, Real Estate Pro in Orlando, FL

What market trends are you seeing right now?

Asked by Marilyn Eliopulos, Orlando, FL Sun Sep 29, 2013

Answers

3
South Florida market activity is as follows:

decreasing inventory of resale property

increasing sale prices

increasing "start up" for new construction

mortgage rates inching upward

In my neighborhood (Nashville, TN), we have very very low inventory. A house will pop onto the market and upon occasion it is already gone within a few HOURS. Now that the weather is improving, I seriously hope homeowners decide to place their homes on the market. We have buyers who can't find a thing that fits their criteria!
Hi Marilyn,

The market has continued to recover month after month with home prices on the rise. However it is typical for a slow down during this time of the year. We have seen what was once a buyers market advert to a sellers market with lower inventory. I know you posted this on September 29th and unfortunately no one responded. In the last six months there were 267 sold listings with an average sales price of $306,000 Currently there are a total of 125 Single Family Homes on the market in Lake Mary. So of course you can see the drop ad why prices are rising.

Hope this help

Tanya Stewart