Home Buying in Tustin>Question Details

marylynndatoc, Home Buyer in Fallbrook, CA

What location is better in appreciation in general - Tustin Ranch in Orange County or Oceanside in San Diego County?

Asked by marylynndatoc, Fallbrook, CA Mon Jun 3, 2013

Question is with everything being equal in location, location, location,

Hi Marylynn,
Interesting question. I agree that it will also depend on what your motivating factors are for where you want to live and what time frame you are looking at. I specialize in Oceanside, having grown up here, and currently running my business and raising my three young kids here. So any questions you have about Oceanside, I would be happy to answer. If you want to take a tour of some available homes to get a feel for the different neighborhoods, I would be happy to show you around.

​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
brokermcallister@gmail.com EMAIL
It really depends on where in Oceanside you are refering to. There are some areas that are gentrifying and starting to look very nice. North County Coasta properties as a while are really starting to increase due to low inventory.

I grew up in OC (NB) and moved to North SD in 1980 because I preferred the laid back low key lifestyle and I wanted some open places to raise my children, didn't want to be creampted up in a cookie cuter trackt enviromnent and didn't want an HOA telling me where to park my boat and RV.

We're a one stop, turnkey family owned and operated RE brokerage, general contractor, manufactured home dealer and developer, architectrual, enginering and interior design company with over 100 years of combined RE experience in the North County Cosastal area. We would be happy to show you around anytime. Please feee free fo contact me at 760 815-6977 or emaile me at onthelevel@cox.net.

Feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:

Hi mary

Generally Orange County would be the best over all
I would check the comparables for each in case they are close
I work in Orange County and some parts of San Diego county being fallbrook and Oceanside areas I have clients in these two areas
I can help you in the process, if you'd like to give me a call or email

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
Being too general about something like this can be misleading. Appreciation is going to be different in different neighborhoods and price ranges within both cities. Here's some very general info from Trulia:

This gives you some historic data, but if you take a look over on a competing site you'll see they predict appreciation in Tustin to be at a rate of about 2% higher thank Oceanside next year. If this is a long term investment with plans to occupy, you're better off making a decision based on where you'd rather live.

Joe Van Fossen
(714) 584-7154