Home Buying in Natick>Question Details

Cw, Home Buyer in Wayland, MA

What limitations does Natick put on Historic property renovations?

Asked by Cw, Wayland, MA Wed Feb 6, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3092798778-198-Union-St-Natic…

Answers

3
Stephen E. Robb’s answer
I would suggest that you start by calling the Town of Natick's building department and asking to speak with Mike Connoly, he is the building inspector. If he is in, ask him if the home is in a Historic district, and if it is on the registry. He will also be able to give you a little bit of information on restrictions on the renovations. If he is not in, ask one of the ladies in the building department office if they would be able to tell you if it is in the Historic district and if it is on the registry. Whoever you speak to, you should ask for the phone number and email address of Steve Evers, he is the Chair of the Natick Historic Commission and will be able to answer your questions in more detail. Good luck, and if you need more guidance feel free to contact me.

Stephen E. Robb
Michael Connelly - Local Building Inspector
508-647-6450
Flag Thu Feb 7, 2013
If this home in the historic district but is not a registered home , then there may be no limitations at all. I purchasd a building near by this property which was in the historic district. I did a complete and total renovation with no limitations from the Historic Commission. I would check if its a registered house. If it is a registered house then you have to go to the Historic Commission for approvals.
You need to check with the town's historical committee for their restrictions.