Home Buying in Fishers>Question Details

Sherri, Home Buyer in Fishers, IN

What kind of senior housing does Fishers offer (as in baby boomers preparing for retirement)?

Asked by Sherri, Fishers, IN Sun Nov 14, 2010

Arthritis is becoming an issue, so either no stairs OR wide enough stairways to accommodate a lift-chair thing. Also would want easy-access showers with grab bars, wide hallways/doorways in case wheelchairs are ever needed, low outdoor maintenance, plenty of storage for all our "memory" boxes, main-floor master bedroom would be a plus--those kinds of features. We're still active and like to travel, but want a place where we can stay until we die or need a nursing home. We want to feel/be independent for as long as possible in an upscale atmosphere.

Answers

3
Great question, Sherri. There are several options in and around Fishers depending on the type of house or even condo that you might be looking for, and your price range. Several communities have maintenance-free homes (yard work, snow shoveling, etc. all is included). Lots of different designs, too. I think your best bet is to talk to a Realtor who really knows the area and can show you what's available that will best meet your needs. Right now there are a lot of options and a lot of homes for sale. Best of luck, and if I can be of any help, please don't hestitate to call 317.702.0058 or e-mail at laura@talktotucker.com.
Thanks for the information. I want to move into a retirement community, but I require a lot of home medical equipment. If it has stairs, I need a lift chair, and I also need bathroom safety devices installed. I am relieved to know that there are properties that can accommodate my needs.

http://www.cornermedical.com
Flag Fri Aug 1, 2014
Hi Sherri, Fishers offers a wide array of opportunities for Senior housing including full-care retirement home, assisted living condos, assisted living apartments and low-maintenance living. Depending on your specific needs, Fishers and the surrounding area has a number of options from full time care to 'on-call' communities. should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at 317-288-5015. Best wishes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 14, 2010
Hi Sherri, my name is Cindy. The system REALTORS use to search for homes has categories for low maintenance homes (indicating a retirement community). In addition it allows us to put in wheelchair accessible (we just sold one in the Fort Ben area where had it labeled as such). A popular area in Fishers is the Del Webb community by Pulte east of Olio. I think your best bet is to connect with a REALTOR you like and have them use the search system to find a home that meets your needs. I would be happy to get you started if you would like. You can reach me at 317-441-4001. Best of luck in your search.
Web Reference: http://www.marchantteam.com