Home Buying in Coulwood West>Question Details

Dennis, Home Buyer in Coulwood West, Charl...

What kind of crime is in this area and how safe is it?

Asked by Dennis, Coulwood West, Charlotte, NC Sat Jul 28, 2012

Answers

5
Daniel Fisher’s answer
Good afternoon, Dennis.
The best way to determine if crime levels are "OK" for you is to call the police non emergency line (311 if you are in Charlotte) and talk to the officer who patrols the area. Talking to local residents also will usually help you paint a good picture. If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
I live here near Coulwood Middle School. I've been here six years. This is a very safe area. You can look at the crime stats on Trulia.
Just checking in to see if you were still in the market for a home? A couple of new listings came up today in the Coulwood area
Dennis,

My advice to you is to go to the charlotte police department website and look at the crime stats for the area you are looking in. That is the most comprehensive site I have found for looking at crime statistics in an area.

The website for them is http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/CMPD/Pages/default.aspx

If you click on the crime stats you will get the statisitcs for the area. Regarding whether it is a safe area or not is dependinet on what you perceive to be safe and your understanding and view of safe may not be the another person adn vice versa.

So you will have to evaluate the site and decide if it is a safe area for you and your family.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
http://www.davedicecco.com
I would check out the charlotte mecklenburg police department's website. CMPD.org. What type of home are you looking for?