Househunter, Home Buyer in 08648

What is your opinion of Sturwood Hamlet in Lawrenceville?

Asked by Househunter, 08648 Fri Oct 23, 2009

Do the apartments there bring a less desirable crowd into the neigborhood? Why are the townhomes there priced much lower there than in other townhouse developments in Lawrenceville?

Answers

4
Marilyn Ofner’s answer
Sturwood Hamlet is a good townhouse community. The townhouses there are a bit older than others within the Lawrenceville area. Also, the location is not as desirable as that of others (e.g. near the Interstate). And there are three levels in each of the townhomes. Alot of people don't care for walking up and down that many flights of stairs. (Similar to a single family split level home. These homes are also less expensive then a colonial or a ranch style home).

That said, however, I believe they are a great value for the price.
I disagree with the previous assessments of the area. The town homes are surrounded by apartments and $500k+ homes. Also, the apartments are not intermingled with the town homes, there is a separate drive dividing the neighborhoods. I have a good friend who after his divorce bought a home there and is happy by all accounts. The unit while very old has been completely updated inside so that's important. Also, keep in mind that I don't think Hamilton is a good comparison if you are concerned about schools. Lawrence has a superior school system at all levels. I do agree however that the selection of town homes in Lawrence is not as good as in other areas such as Plainsboro, Hamilton etc.
Dear Househunter,
When helping clients, I like to show them options and being an investor, resale is always my consideration. Sturwood Hamlet are older townhomes and their condition is dated. If you are looking to buy, I would need to know what are your priorities for living in Lawrence. Is Hamilton an option? What is your pricerange and desired style of home. I would prefer to help you buy a property that has a higher resale value like Society Hill of Lawrence. Regardless contact me at the website below and I will help you achieve your best value in your desired price range.
Web Reference: http://www.WayneZelenak.com
Are you working with a buyers agent?? I would not advise you to buy near an apartment complex as your first choice.
I can provide you with a nice home in a great location. And save you time and money!

Isabel Elsessr, Realtor
Residential & Investment Properties
Gwinnett County
770-307-8751