Home Buying in Truckee>Question Details

Charjohannsen, Home Buyer in Truckee, CA

What is your opinion of Schaffer mill?

Asked by Charjohannsen, Truckee, CA Thu Oct 10, 2013

How can I estimate property values in this area?

Answers

8
Marcelyn Cohune’s answer
Schaffer’s Mill was recognized as the “#1 Best New Private Course in California” by GolfWeek magazine in 2008, and the accolades have continued to come in ever since. The HOA and Club dues are reasonable and there is so much demand that developers are struggling to keep up, selling packages to be built. There is a shuttle to and from your front door to Schaffers Mill Basecamp at Northstar and a Lake Club that provides access to the 48' yaght called "no brainer". A weekend stay to check it out would be great fun and I can schedule a tour and weekend stay for you.
It's one of my favorite communities. I have been privileged to watch it grow from the ground up. It's very competitive with the other high end communities, but cozy and family oriented. I have two golf course homesite listings - only three are available since all developer golf lots have been sold except one. Homesite No. 17 off the first fairway is for sale with foundation and plans. Schaffer's Mill was chosen as the community for the HG TV 2014 dream home. I worked for the original developer and the new developer has soared with record-breaking sales. Don't hesitate to contact me for the inside scoop at Schaffer's Mill.
Schaffer's Mill

A Lake Tahoe area golf, lake and ski community. With our unique Club amenities, you can enjoy all that Tahoe has to offer in grand fashion.

Here is a link to some great pictures of the community on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/schaffersmill/

If you have any other questions about Schaffer's Mill or any of the other Resorts in Tahoe don't hesitate to call me anytime.

Enjoy Tahoe!
Greg Poulsen
Here is everything that is listed there:
http://www.charmingcabins.com/timilick/
A Beautiful Resort Community in Truckee, CA next to Lahontan and Martis Camp in Martis Valley. They just completed their community center with all the amenities. Schaffer's Mill took over the community of Timilic a couple years ago. Could be some great opportunities, call me with any questions or if you would like some additional information. Here is a link to all the properties for sale in the community (only 3 properties are currently for sale, but more are currently being built):
Click Here to View Listings

Greg Poulsen

Dickson Realty

11500 Donner Pass Road
Truckee, CA 96161
CA DRE#: 01426653
Cell #: (530) 448-9830
E- Mail: Greg@TahoeHomeHunter.com
http://www.TahoeHomeHunter.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Great Golf Course community! Hugely improved over the last couple of years, since the Schaffer's Mill name was posted at the entrance. In estimating property values you'd want to see what has recently SOLD, what is currently on the market (i.e. has NOT sold yet) and what properties were removed from the market. Will most likely give you a rather good picture of values....
Property taxes in Truckee are roughly 1.147% of purchase price; Mello Roos' fees are NOT applicable at Schaffer's Mill. - Let me know if this helps...Best - Anna
I think that the property is great. Love the planned amenities and the club. I also love the sun exposure in this development Regarding estimating value, that is tough because there are so few finished single family residences that have sold there. I believe that there are a few comps in the Townhome department and undeveloped lots. If you would like some help determining value, please let us know. Schaffer's Mill is a new community and you know, the HGTV 2014 Home is being built there. I believe that this will bring some added knowledge and value to the fledgling resort.
Are you looking at land, homes or the mountain lodges? We have represented two outside buyers there and have a property currently under contract. There are numerous closed sales that we can use as comps within the community as well. There are a number of questions/factors to consider when evaluating the different communities and we would be happy to talk with you directly in order to better help you make an informed decision.