Home Buying in Coram>Question Details

Paul, Home Buyer in

What is your opinion about buying a co-op in the Coram area?

Asked by Paul, Thu Jul 10, 2008

Answers

7
In Coram there are some nice Co-Ops, also in Selden, Port Jeff Station area too. It depends on where you want to be. It's a good time to buy, there are lot of properties to choose from.
If you like to find out more details bout Co-Op's in the area, please call me I will be available to help you. I do business in the area and I am very familiar with the surrounding area.
My cell #631-889-2997 or email me jzilpelwar@yahoo.com
Co-ops are a great investment and we have sold several in the area. Co-ops are generally at a more affordable price so for a first time home buyer or someone who is downsizing it is really a great move. Check out Americantowns to get an overview of the town, or you can call us at 631-240-1224 and we can give you comps for the area. Thank you
Coops are great for the apparent low price they are offered at. Just for the record, I am not fond of co-ops in general. For the most part they are political and require specific mandates that need to be followed. Prior to selling a co-op, it has to be approved by the board. If you don't mind the lack of control of your own home in terms of what you can do to improve it and or sell it, the co-ops in Coram are fine.
First, I don't even know where Coram is but there are some universal truths. When making the biggest purchase of your life, the worst possible thing you could do is hurry. Think with your head and don't get emotional and defintely don't fall for the "buy now before blah blah blah and you're priced out forever!" Second, interest rates are a much much smaller factor than your purchase price. You can refinance rates down the road, you're purchase price lasts forever.
Coram and the Route 112/ Middle Country Road area is becoming an important commercial hub. After Vets Hwy is finished developing commercially (and settles down) Rt 112 from the LIE northward will be next ,and Coram property values should move along with it. If your commute makes sense, a Coram purchase wouldn' t be a bad bet, in my opinion.
Buying anywhere right now is a good thing, but hurry; interest rates are going up and it is the rate that affects the price of the home.

Do you like Coram? It's about where you will be living and that's a personal decision. You are not buying a car...you are buying a home.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Coram has some good buys on CO-OP's right now. If you would like me to send you some send me an email at sldonna@aol.com and I will do a complete search for you. Or you can call me at 631-205-5300. You also have a good selection of CO-OP's in Middle Island as well.