mingkrosky, Home Buyer in Cincinnati, OH

What is wrong with this house's roof?

Asked by mingkrosky, Cincinnati, OH Tue Feb 12, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3063258991-3635-Woodford-Rd-C…

Answers

5
Yes, we have a Wells Fargo rep in our office. That is the why I tell everyone who is wants to see it that this is the only way they can go FHA.
sounds like a project for 203K financing
I have used Wells Fargo for this and they do a good job
Roof Damage:

The roof over the large family room is a flat roof and has tar paper over it with box gutters. The box gutters should be removed and replaced with regular gutters and the whole roof needs to be taken off and replace with a roof that is sloped. As of right now water is pooling in the middle and in the past the tar paper has lifted due to high winds. It has been tacked down but has already caused damage in the ceiling of the room below.

The second roof issue has to do with the room to the left when facing the house. When my client purchased the property the previous owner who was an investor and a real estate agent did some renovation. However, the renovation work was not up to par. The limbs from the trees had damaged to roof shingles. They were replaced however; water had penetrated the structural ceiling beams. They covered it up by installing two layers of 5/8” drywall to “stop” the leaking. Of course this did not work and the ceiling has collapsed in that area. One of the 2 x12’s in the ceiling is completely rotten and needs to be replaced. Another one may need to be “sister joisted.” A structural engineer would have to investigate.

The third area of the roof is along the soffit on the right side of house and is visible from the master bedroom upstairs. The tongue and groove soffit has blow away due to the high winds we had in the late fall. It seems as they are all still there but they need to be re-installed.
Thank you. This was most informative. Any chance you know how much all of this would be to repair? I have seen the house and love it but am scared away by this roof problem. Though I still dream of owning it one day. I appreciate your response.
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013
I am not sure why you are asking. There is no indication in the listing that there is a problem with the roof. I read the listing realtor's notes and the roof does not seem to be the problem. Are you just looking at the picture and seeing some discoloration due to rain. That would be normal. The problem however is that this is a short sale and sold as is. I would be happy to look into that and get more info on those 2 problems. Please call me 513 225 0045.
Patricia Baxter,
Nextage Achieve Realty.
I'm not sure, but if you'd like to schedule a tour of the property & see if there is any evidence of issues, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Visit me on the web at; http://www.WeLoveOurRealtor.com

Chris Gerke
OwnerLand Realty
513-673-7074 Direct
513-322-7124 Fax
Chris@chrisgerke.com
http://www.ilovemyrealtorchris.com

I’ll Sell Your Home in 29 days or Less……… OR I’LL SELL IT FOR FREE!!!!!!