Home Buying in Evergreen>Question Details

Brian Mcgrath, Both Buyer and Seller in 28203

What is wrong with Evergreen? We've been looking several months 1 to 1.5m and there are homes that are either overpriced or are in foreclosure.

Asked by Brian Mcgrath, 28203 Mon Jun 7, 2010

There doesn't seem to be many if any homes that are price "fairly" in terms of the market. Which is why I guess so many of the same homes have been on and off the market several times in the last two years. Sellers, hope is not a strategy. Your house is worth less than you paid in 2005! I don't care how nice your kitchen looks. It's really frustrating to be a buyer right now. There are no bad homes, JUST BAD PRICES.

Answers

10
look at 8222 s brook forest drive or Conifer 10238 Chrsitopher drive nice homes well priced.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 19, 2012
I found a real beauty! I don't know if it is still available. If you need help call me tomorrow at 303-506-0704 or 303-697-0909. Or email me at Trudy@RealtyofColorado.net.
Your post made me chuckle because I do know that there are sellers out there that are over priced because they "NEED" what they paid in 2005 and it is just not possible.

On the flip-side of that though, I think often times buyers think they are going into home buying to "get a deal" and while our market is pretty stable here in Colorado, consumers seem to be 1-2 years behind the times by what they hear on the news.

So as far as going in and getting "a deal" that is 60-80 cents on the dollar is just not happening at all.

Good luck out there and I know you will find a beautiful home!

Brooke Hengst
REALTOR, CDPE, The Elite Team
Your Castle Real Estate
bhengst1@gmail.com
(720) 988-5952
http://www.brookehengst.com
Web Reference: http://www.brookehengst.com
Well--not quite all the agents. (see my posts below) The many Buyers who I have represented this year in Evergreen have all benefited from this weak market, nervous Sellers and extended times on the market. Combine that historically low interest rates and affordability for Buyers in Evergreen has never been better.

-Bob
Brian,

I couldn't agree with you more, except in our case we've been looking for almost a year now. Just wait until you do find a house and have to go through the loan process. We're almost to the point of giving up and deciding to move back to the east coast. Interesting how all the agents try to defend a weak market.
There are plenty of well priced homes. Some are overpriced and some are in foreclosure or short sale, yes. And, many homes purchased in 2005 are worth more today, depending upon what price was paid and what, if any upgrades, additional finished or unfinished square footage have been added, etc. I'm not sure where you are getting your information that all homes are overpriced. I am not sure what price range you are in, but I would be very happy to help you purchase a home AT market value.

Feel free to contact me or my team, Heidi Brringer, the Barringer Team, 303-670-3843 or 303-674-32200.
Brian-
We have been selling our Front Range listings to out of state Buyers. You are correct that prices have been affected by the economy. The foreclsoures bring prices down and a Seller is will ing to sell at a "reasonable" price but not a "sale" price. many folks don't need to sell,and will wait until the market improves. There are definitly advantages to buying from a traditional seller as well as Lender owned. Different buyers have different preferences...and are willing to pay a little extra
We have a variety of homes listed...check out our website...then give me a call
Kimberly Ryan
303-523-8333
Hi Brian,

I originally replied to your inquiry about looking at homes in Evergreen. Turns out that you're being too generous saying homes are less than 2005 prices--more like 2001! I encourage you to get in touch with me if you don't already have an exclusive with an agent give me a call or drop me an email and I'll share some advice on how to use specific market information to "teach" Sellers how to accept the values dictated by the 2010 market in the Ridge and other high end neighborhoods you're interested in. No brass required!
Correct web site http://www.ezcolorado.com
Web Reference: http://www.ezcolorado.com
There are some great deals in Evergreen, you just have to have the right Broker representing you. We bought a house for 1/2 the price of the 2006 sales price. Please let me know if I can help.
Web Reference: http://www.ezcolororado.com