Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

fakeemail123…, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What is up with prices in Coppell???

Asked by fakeemail12345678, Dallas, TX Sun Apr 21, 2013

I understand that prices are going up everywhere in the DFW area, but Coppell seems to be going a little overboard. Most good houses going within 24-48 hours. Houses that previously would be on the market for months going within a couple of weeks. In the neighborhoods we are considering, prices have gone up 15-25% in the last year. The area, location and schools are great, but the only thing coming close to this number is the Park Cities...which is a whole different market all together.

Answers

7
Kenneth Bebensee’s answer
It's not just Coppell it is all over Dallas. Buyers think they can low ball and take a day or two to think about it, the can't. Houses under $200,000 anyone can buy and they are. Listen to your Realtor and make a first offer strong and pleasing to the Seller. If you don't there Realtor is gonna say lets take the other offer or wait for a better one.

Be honest and open with your Realtor. If you aren't we cant do our best job for you. However, houses are selling before we can show them.
I agree with my fellow real estate professionals. This is a GREAT market. Find a great agent and a great new home. The time is now! Good luck!
I am on the City Board of Coppell, we take GREAT pride in our community. One of the few areas in DFW that you can most likely sale your home in less than 30 days.

We offer "small town " community vs. many across the DFW AND with top rated schools.

Happy to show you around !

Coppell homes for sale Coppell Tx - website updated daily
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5055822

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
You are right....great schools, great location, close to the airport, and close to many other great resources....like the goal to have every firefighter also be a paramedic. I could not compare Coppell to Park Cities. I say you need $1mil to start looking in Park Cities.....in Coppell you can start about $200K and we top out about $1mil. Of course there are exceptions.

Get a great realtor who knows the city well.
Have everything ready to go and make a great offer.

Get to the houses the same day they go on the market or before.

There are other great places to live too.....if you would like to sit down sometime and discuss what options might be, give me a call.

I live in Coppell and my office is here too....let me know if I can assist you.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Welcome to the Seller's Market; home values are rising nationally, if you are looking to buy, you should do it now because prices are still rising.
Haha! Welcome to the REAL estate market! For 3 yrs buyers have had a great window of opportunity and some still hesitated. Now the window is narrowing and the "squeals" about pricing are coming--just wait when interest rates bump up! Get out there and buy TODAY!
Crazy, isn't it? I'm an Exclusive Buyer Agent and have lived and worked in Coppell for 18 years. The market here is out of control. Decent homes in the $300-400K range are selling in 1 or 2 days, with multiple offers.

There is no way some of these houses are going to appraise for their sales price; I guess we'll see. My current Coppell buyer/clients are very smart because they aren't getting caught up in the frenzy and panic buying. Hope you do the same. Coppell really is a great place to live and a safe place for your money.

Sit tight and things will settle down. Don't be one of the dummies that overpays because they can't control their emotions.

Let me know if I can help.

Alysse Musgrave
Exclusive Buyer Broker