Caroline1212, Home Buyer in Hampton Bays, NY

What is the value of my home?

Asked by Caroline1212, Hampton Bays, NY Sat Jun 8, 2013

Answers

7
Contact and invite a few agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are generally provided free of charge by most agents, or consider hiring a professional appraiser....
If you contact me I would be more than happy to come do a free home evaluation for you to help determine its value.

Nicholas Campasano
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Century 21 AA Realty
E: NickC@Century21aa.com
C: 631-848-6515
O: 631-226-5995 x206
http://www.NicholasCampasano.com
The value of your home is determined by recent sales in your area with homes that are similar to yours. It is also determined by what the buyer is willing to pay for the home. Having a current market evaluation of your home will provide you with fairly accurate information.
Great Question. The value for sale is what a buyer is willing to pay. the value for tax purposes is determined by the local town. The value for a mortgage is what the home appraises for using the last 6 months of homes that sold in the area.
Caroline, I know you've had many answers here. But the value of your home is relative to who is asking.
The tax assessor gives one value, the bank appraiser will give another, and your local brokers hopefully will give you a fairly accurate range based on similar homes in your specific neighborhood while factoring in any updates and features. If you want a professional opinion based on current market data, always use an active licensed Realtor. Suzy Fallon, Broker, Island Polo Realty, 516-512-1511 (I also live in Hampton Bays.)
We can provide a free CMA to you with n o hassle/charge involved. I can literally email you the comps, the comps will include recent sales in your area, homes that are ready to sell- as in under contract, and on the market homes that have yet to see to provide to you details on what you can expect if you were to list your home for sale.

Feel free to contact me KeyToYourHome@hotmail.com
There are several different "values" for your home and without knowing where it is or any details about it, it's virtually impossible to know. The bank has an appraised value which they usually piece together using specific formulas. The town has their own assessed value which is also some type of formula that they use to determine your taxes. And of course buyers have their own somewhat arbitrary opinions of the value of your home. All three of these values can vary from one another. If you are interested in selling, the general saying is "your home is worth whatever somebody is willing to pay for it". However, it needs to be professionally marketed. Once it is out there and buyers see it in the best possible light, the market will essentially dictate what the home is worth.

As a local agent, I'd be happy to give you my professional opinion and a estimate of what I think. Feel free to email me at gene@hamptonestatesrealty.com or call me in the office at 631-288-6333. Thanks, Gene.