Home Buying in Buffalo State>Question Details

William, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

What is the vacancy rate in buffalo new york?

Asked by William, Outside U.S. Fri Jun 19, 2009

Answers

3
Sheryl has the right data, but I wanted to add some detail to the answers...

Most recent Census.gov stats indicate that the Buffalo MSA area had a vacancy rate of 7.2% in Q1 and 13.2% in Q2. Syracuse Ny is at 13.6%, Tampa and Richmond - 14%, Vegas 15%, Houston 17% and Orlando and JAcksonville 18%. When you consider rents vs acquisition price, you cannot go wrong in Buffalo.

Keep in mind that real estate is hyper local, and supply vs demand in areas of Buffalo (North Buffalo, Elmwood, Williamsville village) is quite low, resulting in a vacancy rate of less that 3%. We own properties in the best areas in WNY and do not have any current vacancies, and when we do, tenants are multiple and we have the pick of the litter when we choose to place a tenant.

Depending on your budget and your plan, work with a local Realtor who knows the market to ensure success!
Are you asking about the city of Buffalo as a whole or a certain area within the city? From what I have been reading the city as a whole ranges from 11 to 17% but there are certain areas of the city that a majority of the vacancies are. I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 18, 2010
been wondering that myself.

I've recently ready that it's around 11%, but haven't been able to verify as of yet.