Home Buying in New Haven>Question Details

Terry, Real Estate Pro in Austin, TX

What is the tax rate for New Haven CT on homes? Is there a public information resource I can access?

Asked by Terry, Austin, TX Sun Mar 8, 2009

I work with students who use real estate to finance college. Need to understand the tax situation to make a complete analysis.

Answers

2
Phil’s answer
currently at a 42.21 mill rate and is in a 5-year phase in because the increase was too astronomical to hit a homeowner all at the same time. Also from what I have been seeing, the assessments are much much higher than what the properties are actually selling for. Good Luck!
sorry Phil I worked in the Assessor office and the 5 Year phase in is over. The city spend Millions on having all the house revalueated for 2012-2013 year. It required every 10 yeras. So phase -in is over
Flag Fri Aug 31, 2012
New Haven's property taxes are on a 5 year phase-in. You can find out more at: http://www.cityofnewhaven.com/TaxCollector/index.asp. You can also go to the Finance Department and it will calculate your taxes based on your old assessment and your new assessment.
Of course, there are deductions given to veterns and for other special needs..\

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.