Home Buying in Staten Island>Question Details

Honus Totally, Home Seller in Staten Island, NY

What is the second most important aspect a buyer considers when selecting a home? What are the two most important features?

Asked by Honus Totally, Staten Island, NY Tue Sep 17, 2013

For argument u can consider price as number "1."

Answers

11
J’s answer
The majority of buyers' concerns...the simple version:

#1 Qualifying for a mortgage
#2 Location
#3 Price
#4 Condition of home
#5 Every buyer is individual as to what features trigger their interests
Hello Honus, check this link, it will help answer your question; http://www.realtor.com/home-finance/real-estate/buyers/14-th…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
It's all about personal preferences, budgets, wants, needs, lifestyle; each buyer is different...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 17, 2013
Price is usually up there with location, however if the location is not right then the price is immaterial.
One could argue the order of these common search criteria, however:

1. Price-the very first consideration of any buyer

2. location-You've likely heard of the three important factors when buying: location, location, & location.

3. Appeal-not only "curb appeal" but whether or not this home will physically and esthetically meet the needs of your family

4. School district-often overlooked but buyers without children but this factor should be considered by all buyers regardless of whether or not they have children because it can greatly influence your home resale value.

Well, there's four.....the fact of the matter is any one of them could be someone's number two.

Best wishes,

Location,location, location, The 2 most important would probably be newer kitchens and baths but I've shown homes with drop dead gorgeous kitchens and baths and the prospective buyers said they would rip out the bathroom because they didn't like the colors
Well, you're right about price being #1! After that, from my experience, location and bath & kitchen condition.
It doesn’t matter how much they love the home if they can’t afford the payment.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Don't ever settle. The house should speak to you. It should feel like "home". Just make sure it works within your budget as well. Location is very important. Tip: Worst looking house on the nicest block could work to your advantage. I speak from experience. Good Luck to you! If you'd like help with your search, feel free to call me at 646-207-8501.
That's a good question. Lets start from the beginning:
Number one rule is: Real Estate is always local- means every neighborhood represents its own set of values. Never compare on-line data, it's just wrong.
Second rule: location, location,location. Each great neighborhood has bad, good and excellent spots.
Third rule: condition of the house. Cosmetic renovations will be in every house , even a new construction.
Big items is that what counts the most: kitchen, bathrooms,floors,basement,heating and A/C plants etc...
Fourth rule: make sure that the house you consider is not the best house on the block, unless rest of the properties are very similar to yours. Don't get me wrong, we love the best looking house, but it may not belong to a street and you will overpay for the property: in spite of being the best house on the block.
The rest is in the eyes of beholder!
Good luck! If you need further assistance, please call me at 917-478-0260
It is always 3 but you have to pick 2

1 price
2 location
3 type of the house

You have start workin with first 2 to see what you can consider to buy.