Home Buying in Jamaica>Question Details

Nazmeen S., Home Buyer in Jamaica, Queens, NY

What is the right way to get started if I wanted to buy a house?

Asked by Nazmeen S., Jamaica, Queens, NY Wed Feb 27, 2013

Do I need to find a realtor first or do I need to go to a bank?

Answers

21
Javier Meneses’ answer
Nazmeen, as suggested below, your first move would be to meet face-to-face with a Loan Officer. Allow them to review your credit report along with all necessary documentation so they can pre-approve you. This process will let you know exactly what you can afford and also a great opportunity to learn what your mortgage options are and get answers to all your questions.

If you're in need of a good Loan Officer to help you, I'm always available to meet face-to-face in our Jamaica branch. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
The Best place to start in purchasing in a home if you are first time homebuyer research course and see the speacial grants and infomration that maybe available in your area, create a budget, go to a financial insitution and see what you can afford based on this information select a neighborhood find a realtor who specializes in the area and let them help you find the property that best fits your budget and needs
Best way to start is to work with an experienced mortgage professional that you are comfortable dealing with. Mortgage professional will need to look at your credit, income documents, bank statements and obtain other relevant information and then give you a prequalification letter. Once you are confident about how much in mortgage loan you can get then start looking for homes. You can contact me to discuss.

Sanjeev Ahuja NMLS # 148731
Mortgage Broker
Home Funding LLC
110 Jericho Turnpike Ste 214
Floral Park, NY 11001
Direct Ph 917-517-2552
NYS Registered Broker, Department of Financial Services, Loans Arranged through third parties NMLS # 885573
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Visit with a reputable mortgage lender to pre-qualify.
Contact ur best agent
Abdul Nasher@
718-501-4779
Good morning Nazmeen S.,

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you think my answer is helpful, please give me a "Thumbs Up" or select "Best Answer." Thanks!
I have good news for,
Please call@
718-501-4779.
I'm your brother, call me I have the answer for u.
Abdul@ 718-501-4779.
Please contact ur best a gent
Abdul Nasher@
718-501-4779 also Email me.
Nashersells@gmail.com
Thanks.
CALL ME

646-468-4072

HONEST AGENT
JOANNA
A loan officer can you per approved and with your agent working together
will make the transaction easier.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Hello Nazmeen,

I agree that you need to get pre-approved for a mortgage and the bank or mortgage broker will help you to determine the maximum amount of loan that you will get. Once you know this amount, then you will need to decide which type of property you want to buy.

A 2-family house will give you rental income which the bank will take into consideration when doing the numbers for you. This means that if you have the cash to cover the down payment and closing costs you can probably consider that option. At this point you are ready to start working with a real estate agent who will show you properties for which you are already approved.

Good luck in getting that home!

Sonia Martinez
Nazmeen,

Great question and great responses. Definitely start with a comprehensive preapproval from a reputable and highly recommended loan officer. Ask family and friends for a referral or use the green "Find a Pro" tab here on Trulia. After choosing a loan officer, review their recommendations to ensure that they're mostly from clients. Also, check out both the loan officer and the lender with the Department of Financial Services. I have extensive experience assisting mostly first time buyers to become successful homeowners throughout NYC and nearby suburbs. For more information or assistance I can be reached directly at 917.699.0183 or via email at michaeldenniston247@gmail.com. Follow me on Twitter @mdenniston247.

I value your feedback so please give the thumbs up or hit best answer, if my response was helpful.

Thanks!.

Michael Denniston l Cell: (917) 699-0183
Residential Home Funding, Corp.
Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator l Sales Manager
6901 Jericho Turnpike Ste. 219 | Syosset, NY 11791
Main: (516) 605-1733 | Fax: (888) 881-2557
NMLS # 24076 | Company NMLS # 34973
Mdenniston@RHFunding.com
http://www.rhfunding.com
.
Nazmeen,

The very first step is be pre-APPROVED for a mortgage before you look at anything at all.

By being pre-approved, not only do you compete with cash buyers, but you will know exactly how much you can spend and still maintain a happy lifestyle.

I would speak to a bank, a mortgage broker and a mortgage/banker. I personally prefer a mortgage banker/broker. I am partial to the mortgage banker/broker.

You must fit a profile for the banks, but the mortgage banker/broker can either choose to provide you with a mortgage out of their own funds, or shop your need through many other banks until they find one that fits YOUR profile.

If you would like the names and contact info of several, I will be happy to provide that information to you; people I use personally.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
718-928-9580

You need to find out first your financial stregth, if you can afford to buy a house and and how much of a house you can afford. You can either choose your realtor who can refer you to a mortgage broker or a mortgage bank or go on your own to any mortgage bank.

If you need further information feel free to contact me, it wouild be my pleasure to assist you.

Y. Shanee
Exit Kingdom Realty
917-705-3717
send your number please is my pleasure to help you
The First step is to speak with a bank on reguards to obtaining a mortgage.
As they will provide you a pre-approval letter or a pre-qualification letter
stating the amount of loan amount as well as the down payment.

Different banks have different programs for first time home buyers.

After obtaining a pre-approval letter or a pre-qualifcation letter you have
two choices with working with a Real Estate Agent or Realtor.

All agent by default represents the seller or brokerage and are working
for their best interest. They will provide you all details on property but
will always want to get the highest price for their client.
I recommend hiring a buyers agent and having them work for your best
interest. They can provide you comparibles of what sold in the area of
the property you might be interested in and guide you through the
price and help negociate the best price for you.

Let me know if you need help as I am Also a Certified Buyers Agent.
Hi Nazmeen, your first step should be to sit down with a mortgage professional and get pre-approved. You want to figure out how much you qualify for and how much you are comfortable paying. Once you finish this first step you will then start working with a realtor to find a home within your budget/comfort level. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to get started with the first step. (347) 242-1206.
First step is check with your bank or mortgage company and then contact a Realtor of your choice. We work all over Queens and will be happy to work with you.
Be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore begin by visiting with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with, he/she will be your best guide....
Meet with a bank or mortgage broker first to have a better understanding of your qualifications to purchase. Then call a realtor