Home Buying in Vancouver>Question Details

kingspointer…, Home Buyer in Vancouver, WA

What is the rental market like in Vancouver? Are property values likely to increase any time soon?

Asked by kingspointer50, Vancouver, WA Thu May 9, 2013

Answers

4
Property values ARE increasing in Vancouver! It's actually likely to level off very shortly.
Hi there! property valuation models for single family are a little different than rental properties.

Rental properties factor in the cash flow/rents, in addition to the core property values., where as single family residences do not.

Both single family and rental properties have seen some increase in the last couple of years, as the LOWS of our recent "crash", was October /November 2011, Rental properties fluctuate a little based on the local vacancy rate.

I have an article on my personal blog at Http://www.ggmatthews.com/keeping_current_matters, for a little peek at what the forecasters said in february. Generally speaking they revised their estimates for this year slightly, and expect a "normal gradual increase" through 2017.

thanks for Asking and I'd LOVE it, if you marked my post with a THUMBS UP!
Property values have gone up in Vancouver, in home prices under $175,000 prices have gone up 30%-50%, and $175,000 to $250,000 about 35%.

Because of the current real estate market with sales are the way the are rental prices are going up, especially this time of year.
The rental market is fairly tight. When so many people lost their homes during the recession, rents went up and the vacancy rate went down.

Property values have been going up for almost two years in the lower price ranges, and rising in the last year at the upper end. Many properties are getting multiple offers, even though prices are still lower than they were at their peak.