Home Buying in Tahoe City>Question Details

dgraviano, Home Buyer in Tahoe City, CA

What is the rental market like in Tahoe City/North Shore at the moment? I'm considering buying a smaller 2bd cabin or condo as a rental

Asked by dgraviano, Tahoe City, CA Wed Jan 9, 2013

property.

Answers

2
Sasha Spiegel’s answer
The rental market is pretty tight right now. Very difficult to find rental properties. Renters are willing to pay top dollar for something nice. Plus there was a lot of people who have fallen off the homeownership market, but still want to be in Tahoe. You can either rent to full time or vacation rental up to you. If you would like me to share some of the smaller cabins or condos with you. I am happy to do so. Just give me a shout!
Sasha
The long term rental market has an under supply of inventory and it would be very easy to find tenants in that market if your rental was priced within reason. While there is a lack of inventory in the long term rental markets their is quite a bit of inventory in the short term/vacation rental market which brings a level of competitiveness to the short term rental markets. Depending on what your overall goals are for your property would determine what kind of rental would suite you best. If you plan on trying to use your property once in a while then you should consider renting a property on the short term. I would be happy to discuss the intricacies of the differing types of rentals so please feel free to contact me to go over your options.

Best regards, Dave

Dave Westall, Realtor
Tahoe Riverfront Realty, Inc.
P: 530-448-9882
David@WestallRealEstate.com
DRE# 01796995