Hammerdown502, Home Buyer in 92881

What is the property tax rate for Eastvale 92880? Also 92882? Are there specific questions I should ask?

Asked by Hammerdown502, 92881 Tue Aug 4, 2009

before making a decision on an area in Corona?

how many years ? do you have to pay the mello roos tax
eastvale ca 92880 kb homes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
how many years does mello roos tax last
eastvale ca kb homes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
As mentioned already, each community varies as to tax rate. Something that may be helpful when you're considering a property is to check this site to see specific tax info:https://taxpayments.co.riverside.ca.us/Search.aspx
This site is not always active but is worth checking.
Tax rates vary by neighborhood. check each parcel out on the Riverside County assessor's site
Taxes are substantially higher in the new communities. The more amenities, the higher the additional HOA fee. Some of these assessments add $700/month on top of regular taxes.
I purchased a home in Eastvale 92880 in the end of 2009 and the tax is a little over 1% and the mello roos is 1% as well. Yes you heard me right... you will be spending 2% on taxes for your home. I did buy a new home, a Standard Pacific home to be exact. But I did call all the new homes in the area and they seem to be all the same. Some will try to hide this information from you as ours did. We got the shock of our life 18 months after living in the house when they added $400 to our monthly mortgage
Tax rate is just a hair over 1% (base rate)... you'll have to check the special assessments for any home you might have interest in as the amount changes for different homes and different neighborhoods.

Cameron Novak, Real Estate Broker
The Homefinding Center
Hi Hammerdown 502
Your REALTOR should be able to provide you with your tax rate. Be careful not to get caught up in semantics. Though it is true that Eastvale is not set up as a Mello Roos District, much of the area is subject to "Special Assessments". These assessments are substantial in some neighborhoods and and nominal in others. But as I said, your REALTOR has access to Real List tax Data and will be able to provide you with the information that you are requesting.

And, even though Mello Roos fees are technically not the same, they have one important thing in common, and that is that they can add substancially to your home operating expenses.

Best wishes,
Frank spencer
Hi there!

Definitely check with the city and county to be sure, but there are pockets of areas all throughout Corona, especially in the 92882 area where there are extra Mello Roos taxes and homeowners associations.

I lived in the southern section of the 92882 part of Corona and it was a great neighborhood. I dont think you will go wrong with any areas in Corona as long as you look ahead of time and do your homework along with your realtor.

If you have any questions or if I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Matt McClain
Axiom Real Estate / Axiom Lending Group
I am working on a short sale in Corona right now & have gotten the answer to this question recently from my escrow officer. Tax rate is roughly figured at 1.1% technically it comes out slightly less than that. However you need to check within ea. neighborhood to see if there is any extra assessment called Mello Roos, this is usually only for a Master Planned Community or a large new home community and could just be billed annually or twice per year. My listing is in 92880 in Eastvale. I haven't come across any other neighborhoods in my search for comparable sales that have a Mello Roos assessment.

Remember to also check to see if the neighborhood you're interested in has an HOA fee.

I believe the tax base is 1.035 but I believe you want to know special Assessments and Mellow Roose which is based on how they did their city required improvements. You would need to check on each home individually. You Realtor should be able to help you with each home or you can go onto the County Assessor site and look up the information on each address…not by zip code. I have a link on my web site. Diana@Dianam.com.

Good Luck
Diana 909-945-5763
Web Reference: http://www.dianam.com