Jglita, Home Buyer in New York, NY

What is the price per foot to put in a seawall in a salt water canal?

Asked by Jglita, New York, NY Sat Dec 1, 2012

Previous posts from 2009 say $100 per linear foot. Has the price gone up or down?

Answers

4
Having just completed three in Cape Coral with new construction buyers, I can tell you that the price has not adjusted much on a straight forward seawall. The $100 per linear foot is still a pretty good benchmark.
HONC Marine, and Williamson have both been in business a long time and do excellent work.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
Broker
MarketWatchRealEstate.com
(239) 645-3798
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
The depth of the canal can affect the overall bid, but in my experience I have yet to exceed the described cost.
Flag Mon Dec 3, 2012
I want to clarify that, if the property is 80 feet at the seawall, that is the measurement that is used. My brother in law thinks that the depth of the seawall is also included in the calculation.
Flag Sun Dec 2, 2012
It will depend on the location of the seawall, ie- Punta Gorda, S. Gulf Cove. It also depends on the material used. Most seawalls are made out of concrete, but some are vinyl, or even wood. The other variables to keep in mind is the cost of clearing the lot- if needed, fill dirt, or trash removal. All could be extra cost. The best bet is to contact Charlotte County Seawalls at (941)629-4900. They have been in business for over 35+ years. They do free estimates and will be able to guide you through the process. If you have any other questions, please feel free to give me a call.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
It varies by contractor. You can go to the Charlotte DeSoto Building Industry Association web site and go to the directory for a list of contractors. http://cdbia.com/membership-directory.aspx

Two listed are Charlotte County Seawals and Honc Marine Contracting.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
It will depend on the contractor who does the work, as it can vary from person to person as well as the area. I recommend that you contact a seawall company directly. One company would be Charlotte County Seawall at 941-629-4900. You should talk to them directly as there are other variables that are taken into consideration. To answer your question, yes seawall is more expensive these days compared to years ago.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012