Home Buying in Overland Park>Question Details

jnsims2, Both Buyer and Seller in 93940

What is the period for HOA fees in the Overland Park, KS? i.e. is it monthly, quarterly, or yearly?

Asked by jnsims2, 93940 Sat May 25, 2013

Most of the home I see for sale have them between $300-$700. I'm assuming this would be yearly but want to make sure so I am not wasting my time researching properties. Thanks, John

Answers

4
John, yes the HOA dollar amounts you referenced would be annual fees. It just depends on the extent of the amenities as to the variance in dues. It should state on the MLS listing whether they are monthly or annual. You will find all of that information on my website. I would be happy to assist.

Shelly Christ
Better Homes and Gardens RE
Kansas City Homes
913-485-8641
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 26, 2013
Shelly, Thanks for positive feedback. Seeing what is in the realm of possible.
Flag Sun May 26, 2013
Typically, the single family homes have yearly HOA fees. Townhomes, villas and condominiums in maintenance provided areas are generally listed with monthly HOA fees. There are a few exceptions, such as a subdivision like the Cloisters in Leawood, KS, where the HOA pays to have the lawns mowed. There, the dues are paid monthly by the owners, even though these are single family homes. A few maintenance provided communities pay their HOA dues quarterly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 26, 2013
John,

It's going to be yearly. The phrase "You get what you pay for" applies to HOA dues. Weigh the pros and cons, and decide what's most important to you.

I also have some colleagues in Monterey that I met vacationing in CA this past summer. I can make an introduction if you'd like.

Chris Stegmann
816.377.1814
913.825.4047
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 26, 2013
That's Great John! While I love KC, DC would awesome as well. Keller Williams is an international broker, with offices all over the country. I have access to a research tool that allows me to look up other agent's production numbers, specialties, current geographic sales, etc. I think this could be a major help to you. I could match your needs/wants with a great (and trusted) agent in other cities.

Good Luck John, let me know if I can be of assistance.
Flag Tue May 28, 2013
Chris, Thank you for positive feedback. Yeah, still waiting on word where I will be moving next. Either KC or DC so will see.
Flag Sun May 26, 2013
So the AMOUNT of the HOA fee is more important to you than the living conditions under the HOA?
You could answer both by a walking tour of the Compound.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013