Darrell Birck, Home Buyer in New Orleans, LA

What is the normal per sq foot value of a home in New Orleans (uptown - 70115?)

Asked by Darrell Birck, New Orleans, LA Tue May 13, 2008

and what is the normal price on the per square cost of land with a home in uptown? I am looking for information to help me with my relocation to New Orleans. i have heard insurance is hard to come by and one of my friends had an issue where the appraiser gave a very low value for their land so they had to buy more insurance than they thought they needed.

Answers

2
craig mirambell’s answer
The price per sq ft depends on what you are buying. Is it a condo or home? How big or small? What condition?

Insurance is harder than it once was ,but new companies have recently rentered the market and the prices are becoming more competetive again. We can find insurance now a days.
There should nt be to many issues with land value,its not usually a hurdle in the process.

i would be lgad to help you out further, let me know those answers, and I will get back to you with the price per sq ft shortly.

Craig Mirambell
RealtorCraig@cox.net
504-908-6777
Expect to pay the following:
Okay condition / needs upgrading in less desirable neighbourhood: around $100 per sf
Excellent condition in most desirable neighbourhood: $180 to $250 per sf.
Desirable and less desrirable could mean everything from proximity to the parade route, universities to being close to Audubon Park.

With the right buyers agent, insurance is not a problem.

Email me with specifics as to what you want and I can help you find a home and help remove alot of the risk associated with buying a home Uptown.
Web Reference: http://iansellsnola.com