Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Jennifer L.…, Both Buyer and Seller in Charlotte, NC

What is the nicest overall neighborhood in Charlotte/surrounding for under $200k?

Asked by Jennifer L. Cook-derosa, Charlotte, NC Wed Jun 27, 2012

Answers

14
Lots of great answers to your question. Would you like my personal opinion and of course I'm partial. Highland Creek in University City area of North Charlotte. Prices starting around $150,000 and go much hgher than $200,000, golf community, numerous amenities, townhomes, patio homes and single family homes, elementary school in the community, spans two counties, easy access to shopping and interstates.

That's a start. Would love to talk with you further if you have interest.

Susan Zongker
Hines & Associates Realty
704.579.1655
http://www.myrealtorsusan.com

susan@zongker.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 27, 2012
I agree with Michael Laine - it depends on your definition of "nicest" - do you mean close to shopping, good schools, and easy to get around? Or maybe where there is low crime, well-kept yards, parks and ball fields nearby and maybe a local Y. There are plenty of nice neighborhoods around all over Charlotte - some are better known than others. I love the Mountain Island Lake area - it's close to Northlake Mall, has a variety of housing, good public and charter schools, 15 min to the airport, 20 min to uptown, good traffic flow, close to interstates, new ball fields, good restaurants, low crime, and of course the best kept secret around - Mountain Island Lake.

But you may have different needs and so the nicest neighborhood for you might be a well managed condo complex in South Park.

Searchiing for and finding the right place is only the beginning - once you fall in love with a place, the real work is in researching the details - what will life be like in this area? what will the property inspections show? are there any obvious water problems? does the survey reveal encroachments? if this subdivision/complex has an HOA, how well do they manage it? are there any impending assessments? what is it going to cost to maintain the property? do I need a radon inspection?

A good buyer's agent can help you through these details and ask the questions that you never even thought of. In addition they have built relationships with quality inspectors, repair people, real estate attorneys, lenders and others who may need to be brought in to assist with the transaction.

Good luck. I'd be glad to talk to you some more and answer any other questions.

Linda Lawyer
Broker/Market Analyst
Lynnsy Logue Real Estate
704-650-7386
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 27, 2012
Jennifer,
I forgot to give you my website address. You can start browsing without any obligation. Let me know if I can be of assistance to you. Just click on the link below...

Click here: http://www.CarolinaVue.com/

Christina Hansen
Hello Jennifer,
I agree with Mr. Fisher. At the end of the day you will be coming home to a place that best fits your needs and desires. It could be in the Ballantyne area or a nice condo in uptown or a home on Lake Norman!

I or any of the Realtors/Brokers in Charlotte, would love to help you find your next home. Please feel free to contact me with any questions that you may have at your convenience. Have a great work week Jennifer!

Christina Hansen
Good evening, Jennifer.
As a Realtor, nicest overall neighborhood in Charlotte is the one that fits your needs and lifestyle best. I can show you some stunning uptown condos with luxury detailing, lakefront cabins in a country setting and large homes in a subdivision with pool and tennis court amenities. Customer satisfaction is my top priority and you should find a Realtor with over two decades of diverse experience in architecture, real estate finance, general contracting and development, and a great team of consultants, whose exclusive service commitment is to listen carefully to you to help you find the existing or new home that is just right for you and fully support you to make the buying process smooth. If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
Wow what a good question. Please feel free to do your own independent search

Click http://www.dreamhomesatdreamprices.com

Enjoy your FREE AND COMPLETE HOME SEARCH with the link above.

Now you have NO excuse to get the home of your dreams with a rock bottom interest rate.
That is a tough question. Depends on what you are looking for. There are some great neighborhoods with community pools. There are some great established neighborhoods with larger lots. What type of home are you looking for?
This is a tough question to answer. There are a lot of great areas of Charlotte. It really depends on what you are looking for in Charlotte. There are areas in Charlotte that are well under $200,000 that are in good areas.

it would be easier if you could tell me what you are looking for in the neighborhood and the type of house you are looking for. You have a lot of choices out there.

David diCecco
Realtor/Broker
http://www.davedicecco.com
That is a really tough question to answer. Charlotte has a lot of really great neighborhoods and it depends much on the part of Charlotte you are gravitating toward. In the city you will enjoy close proximity to uptown, restaurants and in that price range smaller homes and condos. In the northern part of the county you have Lake Norman, village oriented shopping areas and newer neighborhoods with small lots but more open spaces and amenities. The southern part of Charlotte has a mix of old and new, lots of great areas with shopping, parks and movie theaters with easy access to the uptown area. The east and west sides each have their own charm with a mix of old and new but, also offer more of the relaxed feel of country living.
What area do you work in? I'd be glad to help! Sylvia 704-392-0559, 704-287-8477
Plolo View is in Ballantyne area and the houses there are selling for around $150-$254. I have a listing in the neighborhood right now that is a rare ranch in Ballantyne and is listed for $169,900!!! Can't beat that! I can send you the info on it. Email me and I will respond by putting a link of the home and emailing it to you. Hope this helps...have a great day Jennifer.

Christina Hansen
http://www.CarolinaVue.com
704.540.8000
christina@carolinavue.com
Wow what a good question. I believe I have the best answer for you with 2 simple steps below!

1. Please call 704-394-6609 and/or
2. Click http://www.dreamhomesatdreamprices.com

Call me at the number above and/or enjoy your FREE AND COMPLETE HOME SEARCH with the link above.

Hello Jennifer,

There are many great options for under $200, but it really depends on what nicest to you means. There are a lot of different styles and amenities, along with locations, around the greater Charlotte area.
How far out from center city do you consider surrounding? North of Charlotte there are very nice communities in Huntersville and Cornelius, that will only put you about 20 minutes outside the uptown area. If you like the Charlotte lifestyle, south charlotte and Ballantyne might be perfect. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to discuss your options, and help you find the nicest neighborhood under $200k for you.

Have a great day,

Michael Laine
cell- 704.619.3971
email- michael.laine@prucarolinas.com
This is a very broad question...it really depends on what part of "surrounding" Charlotte you want. E-mail or call me directly to discuss, I'd love to help you! My buyer's services don't cost you anything extra in a transaction!

John Siddons
704-458-1843
John.Siddons@prucarolinas.com