Home Buying in Nyack>Question Details

Judy A, Home Buyer in Nyack, NY

What is the newest up and coming area in Rockland County, NY?

Asked by Judy A, Nyack, NY Wed Apr 1, 2009

Answers

6
Nancy Blaker Weber’s answer
Hi Judy
My name is Nancy Blaker Weber a Wright Bros. R.E. Associate Broker my Office is located in Nyack, NY. Please contace me on my cell (914) 263-3403Office:or email me at nancybweber@verizon.net. for assistance with any of your real estate needs. Website: http://www.nancybweber.com.
Hey there Judy,
There has been a whole revit;ilization going on in Haverstraw on the Hudson. I'm not sure at this point, how far into it they are at this time. There are beautiful condos right on the water in Haverstraw. Also, Nyack has always been popular. It really depends on what exactly you are looking for in a neighborhood. I will, of course, be happy to show you around Rockland. Call anytime.
Lynda Kearney
914-980-2000
Web Reference: http://lyndakearney.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
I guess it would be The Town of Haverstraw. They just built the Harbors of Haverstraw and have the Water Taxi that goes to Manhattan or the Ferry to Ossining where you can take the Metro North to Manhattan. There are new restaurants and plans for shops and museums. Are you thinking of buying a home. Nyack has been established for a while, but alot of people like to live in Nyack because it's beautiful waterfront, shops,restaurants and rivertown theater all in walking distance. If you have any questions please call me at 914-261-4652 or visit my website
Web Reference: http://www.debbieherman.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 2, 2009
There's a lot going on in Rockland right now, more and more city people are discovering how great NY is when you go a little north! To get a really good insight in the context of buying a home I'd connect with a local realtor even if you haven't found a house you like yet. A good realtor is knowledgable and resourceful and will be able to support you through the entire process of searching, choosing, negotiating and buying the bestplace for you. We have a great network in Rockland, if you want to get connected come to our site and tell us how you like to work and we'll match you someone that will answer all your questions.
Great question! I suggest reading: January 23, 2007
Two Power Plants Win a Lawsuit, and Property Taxes Rise Drastically in Several Towns
New York Times. Oh! how we forget about the rise in property taxes in North Rockland County NY.
Check everything out before you buy!

Previous house owner
Now renting!
Hi Judy,
Rockland county is the smallest county in the state of New York. This year we are celebrating our 400 year Birthday! Wow! So needless to say Most of Rockland is "sprucing up"! The most important thing is to find the area that BEST fits YOUR life style. You can be anywhere in Rockland county from North to South, East to West in under 30 min. Come take a ride with me and we can explore Rockland County.
Kathleeen Puder
845-304-4838
Kpuder@joycerealty.com
Associate Broker
Joyce Realty