Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

Francesca Pa…, Real Estate Pro in Manasquan, NJ

What is the most "up and coming" area in Dallas today?

Asked by Francesca Patrizio, Manasquan, NJ Sat Sep 8, 2012

When I left 8 years ago, it was the West Village.

Answers

14
I think the West Village/Uptown is overrated personally. If you are a yuppie (under 35) and like dense urban living - yes - I'd say Village/Uptown is the hotspot.
But to purchase for long term appreciation, I would say that Midway Hollow - a small area adjacent to Bluffview and Preston Hollow is probably the hottest area right now for single family residences with rather generous 1/4 to 1/2 acre lots. Price point generally runs anywhere from $ 300 k to 800 k.

10 years ago I'd say the M-streets and Lakewood but now that is pricey and the lots are relatively small. As far as having the most underrated intrinsic value for the price - I think near Northwest Dallas is probably a good bet and the very central location cannot be beat.

Hope it helps
Jay Narey ABR, ALHS
Keller Williams - Preston Rd.
jaynarey@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.jaynarey.com
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Hi Francesca,

It will depends on what you are looking for.

If you are looking for town home - uptown is still very hot by West Village. There is also State Thomas now. ANd Oaklawn is also very and much nicer than 8 years ago.

Another great area is Deep Elm in downtown Dallas. Downtown is very desirable area to live in the recent years. You need to check it out!

There is also the area by the Trinitiy river in N Oak Cliff. Some very nice gated community there. And there is also some sessin in the design district that is very very nice now.

Feel free to go to http://www.findyourtexashome.com to look for different community in the area.

Dixon
JP and Associate
www,findyourtexashome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
It depends on what you're looking for. West Village is ground zero if you're leasing. Uptown in general is ground zero if you're young and want to lease or buy. There are lots of lower priced and less congested neighborhoods closeby, like the Arts District, Deep Ellum, Oak Lawn, Bryan Place, Lakewood, and others.

I assume you're not wanting to go back to WV?

Call me maybe.

Beau
214 966-2100
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Well there are lots of areas that are growing rapidly, as many different people are moving to Dallas and they all need a place to live.

I think Bishop Arts and areas of Oak Cliff are continuing to improve with amazing residential and retail options that keep getting better.

Also, Lakewood has exploded with growth as has Uptown and the surrounding areas.

I think many of the areas outside of the "loop" are also exploding with population - just look at some of the growth rates over the past ten years (frisco for example is about 2,000%). People love the toll road going north from Dallas as it provides for an easy commute.

The areas surrounding Lakes Lewisville and Ray Hubbard are also extremely popular for obvious reasons
Uptown, University Park, Highrise construction has boomed within the last 8 years. Go North from Elm street to Royal and its booming, pretty much. Good luck!
Lakewood was my first thought, I like the artsy feel to it and the proximity to White Rock Lake. Looking for townhome up to $300k w/pool, no poll, then I'll go with a small home.

Francesca
I live in the East Dallas area close to White Rock Lake, it is moving up. You can get alot of house for the money. There are bike/jogging trails, close to the Arboretum only minutes from Downtown Dallas. Lakewood is good, it's also in east Dallas. It really depends too on your price range.
Francesca, what is your budget?
Thanks to all who responded, much appreciated. I'm looking for either a townhome w/pool or a small home, single female, 40 something and of course, as a realtor something that will appreciate over time would be great!

Francesca
Others have mentioned lots of great areas all of which might be considered up and coming or still hot or on the rebound.....but it really depends on what you want in a home.

If you want a 3story townhome, Oak Lawn is on the rebound now. Also NE of downtown...east of 75 seems to be in the making of a comeback after the shakeout.

Then again it depends on how much you want to spend, where you might work and where you might play, how often you travel, etc, what style of home, age of the home, etc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
That is not a "one size fits all" question, in any city or metropolitan area. The answer to that question depends any given buyer's individual needs, wants and desires. For a family of 4 maybe there is an up and coming area in the north suburbs that is the answer to that question. For a single person maybe there is a downtown area that is the answer to that question, for empty nesters another answer - no one size fits all answer works. not here, not in New Jersey, not anywhere.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
There are many areas of Dallas that are up and coming. Dallas is also wide spread and a large area, so it is better to have an idea of what area of Dallas you want.

GOOD LUCK.

Kenny
TURTLE CREEK REALTY
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
I think Lakewood keeps getting hotter as is Kessler Park area. Both are established areas but demand is high.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
It all depends on your budget:

McKinney Avenue, Uptown, M Streets, Lakewood, University Park, Highland Park, Turtle Creek, Downtown Dallas name a few locations.

Direct Link
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5055822

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
News Personality
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012