Home Buying in Carson City>Question Details

Don S, Home Owner in Penngrove, CA

What is the most sellable (or rentable) type of house to build on a one acre lot in a good sfd area in south Carson City? Your thoughts?

Asked by Don S, Penngrove, CA Tue Nov 20, 2012

Answers

3
Alex Zujovich’s answer
Hello Don,

You would like at least a 3 bedroom single story house with 2 full baths and a 2 car garage. That is the standard.

But if you want to command more rent income, or a sale where achieves buyers competing for your acceptance, consider 4 bedrooms, an open kitchen (that opens to the living room), a split floor plan (master bedroom and bath on one side and guest bedrooms and bath on the other side of the house) expanding the garage to a 3rd car, plus access to R/V parking. These are the extras.

Currently rent in our area for a 3/2/2 nice house and property brings $1000 to $1200 per month depending the home's features, curb appeal, front and backyard landscaping. A 4/2.5/3 would bring $1200 to 1600 per month.

I hope this helps and would be happy to get into more specifics.
Hey Don, I wish I knew that market a little better. I'm down here in southern Nevada... Las Vegas. Have you thought about investing in Las Vegas, NV?

Here's an update I sent out to my clients about a week back:

http://sellstatedeluxe.com/a-r-2012-11-07/

Let me know if something like this interests you, definitely great returns in an appreciating market.
Yikes ...that is a loaded question! Price Point? Neighborhood? Are we putting a modular on a lot or building a $500,000 custom?

Lisa Wetzel
RE/MAX Realty Affiliates
1320 Hwy 395
Gardnerville, NV 89410
775-781-5472