sylvania.har…, Home Buyer in Silver Spring, MD

What is the minimal FICO score to obtain a VA Loan?

Asked by sylvania.harrod, Silver Spring, MD Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

7
Like Catherine mentioned with the VA loan, there are many factors that can get you approved for a loan. 640 is the minimum for FHA and conventional financing. With VA loans you have different options to go by
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 16, 2013
Hello Sylvania,

First I would like to say: "Thank you for serving our country and helping to keep us safe and secure in the U.S.A. Your service is much appreciated and I know that no words can be said to thank you enough for your dedication to our great country.

The VA loan is not credit driven. There are many factors that go into getting approved for your home loan - the major 3 are credit, income and assets. The VA loan allows for 100% financing and does forgive the veteran for past due credit delinquencies - especially if they were around the time of your service to our counntry.

I specialize in VA loans and would be honored to help you obtain your new home.

The first step in the home buying process is to get pre-approved for your mortgage. You can start this by going to my online link. Click here and enter your information so I can run numbers for you: https://6760686183.secure-loancenter.com/WebApp/Start.aspx?&… .
After you hit SUBMIT, I will be able to access your information through our secure website and will run figures for you right away.

This does not obligate you to use Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, although we do appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

I am looking forward to working with you and helping you get the keys to your new home!

Catherine Purcell

Senior Mortgage Loan Officer

Over 25 years of Real Estate and Mortgage experience
focused on educating my clients so you can make an informed decision that best suits your needs!
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation

Cell: 202 573-6035
Office: 617 456-1700
catherinep@fairwaymc.com

MLO# 194172 FIMC NMLS# 2289
Hi Sylvania! Generally 640. Have you chosen a Realtor to work with? miekeba@heymannrealty.com
Typically 640 but there are many loan products out there for below 640 too. If you need more help just let me know.

Jason
Web Reference: http://www.jasonjutila.com
Greetings Sylvania,
As you see by the below, the answer is that "it depends". You should contact a lender prior to going shopping for your house, then with an approval in hand find your new home. As a long time Realtor in this area, I have experienced situations where one lender could accomplish what another could not. If you would like I would be happy to put you on the right track.
You will find that the minimum credit score requirements differ from lender to lender. My VA Underwriter can go down to 580 case by case. Just make sure the lender you choose can approve VA loans Manually. In the event that the Loan Officer can't get your file to approve on the AUS (Automated Underwriting System), at least the Underwriter is delegated to override the findings and approve your loan. It's really important!

Best of Luck!
Hi Sylvania,

Different lenders may different guidelines, but I have had someone obtained a loan with a 640 score.