cxn, Home Buyer in Larchmont, NY

What is the metro-north noise level in the bldgs along Palmer Avenue -- good, bad, acceptable?

Asked by cxn, Larchmont, NY Tue Jun 19, 2012

Answers

5
It really depends on the location of the unit. Noise travels in line of sight. Many units along Palmer face away from the rail, and the noise is buffered by the portion of the building that faces the tracks. If there is a wing of the building between you and the tracks the noise will be minimal.
That is a relative question, like all noise levels, when they are consistent they tend to become normal. I am in and out of those buildings all the time and it depends where the unit is located in the building and how much highway and train noise you hear.
Keep in mind that noise is subjective--the levels one may tolerate, may not necessarily be the case for another; therefore revisit the area to make sure your comfort level can be reached...
Hi: It's not bad. It depends also on which direction the apartment faces. My grandmother lived in 1299 Palmer Ave. for years & we couldn't hear anything in her apartment. But she faced Palmer Ave. I'll be happy to help you look at apartments in those buildings. I'm very familiar with them. Call me at the office: 914-273-9688. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty.