Sandy O:brien, Other/Just Looking in Foster City, CA

What is the median price of a studio condo in Redwood city?

Asked by Sandy O:brien, Foster City, CA Sun Jan 13, 2008

How do I find out what the comps. are on a place Im looking at on Hudson St. since Trulia only lists averages on one bedrooms and up? Thanks for your help.

Answers

4
Hi Sandy - right now you can find some good deals on condos in and around Redwood City. But you really should be working with a Realtor who can keep you informed as to what is coming on the market. Save yourself the time and trouble of trying to figure it all out yourself. As a Redwood City Realtor it is my full time job to preview new listings and keep track of available properties. I am happy to help you in your search, please feel free to contact me.
Web Reference: http://www.MarthaLonghi.com
Currently only units is available below $300.00 it is listed at $ 299,000 it is 1 BR and it is REO (own by Bank) the owner defaulted on the paymnets and bank took it back at the Trustee Sales It just got listed. This unit did not sale in February for $ 399,00 .and just got re-listed. and there is a small 2BR unit is also isyed for $299K and it is Short Sale it is on a Market for 6 month staring asking price was $ 368.000. My specialty -Short Sales and REO's I deal directly with BLenders and can help you. Current "normal "listing at Hudson are all $ 420 K for one bedroom unit
The best deal I think of all the condos that you are looking at is the 2 bedroom at 1614 Hudson #315 for $299K. It sold in 8/06 for $378K. It overlooks the new pool and has a Redwood tree just outside its balcony. The other building across from the Y is going to have to do some improvements in the future that have already been doon to 1614 Hudson. The same builder built both buildings
Four 1 Bedroom Condo's sold in Redwood City last year. Three sold between $320K and $370K and one sold for $530K. I see no Studio's that have sold in RWC in the last year. One did sell in 2006 for $310K ($545 per sq/ft). The studio currently available on Hudson is priced at $189,000, or $420 sq/ft. A similar sized studio sold in the same building for $185k in 2004.

This condo has been on and off he market for the last 15 months. It's latest price reduction was done 2 days ago....from $199K to $189K.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. I am a local realtor that works in Redwood City. I would be more than happy to show you the studio if you like.