Home Buying in Berlin>Question Details

Dale S. Nels…, Real Estate Pro in Berlin, MD

What is the major source of employment around Berlin? What is the average rent for a one bedroom apartment?

Asked by Dale S. Nelson, Berlin, MD Sun Jul 1, 2012

Answers

3
tons of union jobs $525 for a 1 bed call me bob 6037285782
Hi Dale,

Some major employers are the Federal and State Correctional Facilities, Androscoggin Valley Hospital, and the Gorham paper mill,The biomass plant in Berlin is currently under construction and when opened, will employ around 40 people.

Rentals of one bedroom apartments start at about $550 and include heat and hot water.

Mark Danoski
EXIT Realty Leaders
603-723-4723
mjdanoski@hotmail.com
Dale I am in Southern NH but have a friend who lives in Berlin and have been there many many times. The job market has improved recently with the new federal prison in the area and reopening of some mills. There are jobs in various segements. There is a lot of apartments and price differs greatly by type of home, age and location. With apartments in the north, many apartment owners rent their own so I do not have a list i can forward. Good luck with your move