Home Buying in Tiburon>Question Details

Joe Fong, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

What is the lowest priced house I can buy in Tiburon?

Asked by Joe Fong, San Francisco, CA Wed Jul 25, 2007

I'm interested in the excellent school district and I'd like to buy the cheapest house (not condo or townhome) in Tiburon? Where can I find these houses and what price range might they be?

Answers

9
It is better, tax wise to buy real estate (house+land). You can depreciate the house while the land appreciates. Public water does not appreciate and you will be left in the wake when housing prices go up in Tiburon.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2007
You can find everything that's for sale in Tiburon by going to my website, listed below, and clicking on "Search the MLS". Or you can email me directly and I will send you an "invitation" to do so.

Kelley
Web Reference: http://www.KelleyEling.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2007
Actually Linda, you are correct. It is "always" better to buy house and land "if" you can afford the prices in Tiburon. And yes, you can depreciate a home if you will be using it as investment property (a rental home.) True, the water does not physically appreciate (although a comparable floating home located on the California Delta is 1/2 the price of a floating home in Tiburon). Probably due to where the home is located. Floating homes have however, more than doubled in value over the past 10 years. Floating homes are alternative living for those who want to live the awsome Tiburon lifestyle but without the headache of yard maintenance or the high price tag and payments of a home in Tiburon.

They also make supurb second homes and by the way, if it qualifies a your second home, loan interest, county license/registration fees are tax deductable. If you rent it out, all maintenance, insurance expense as well as depreciation may also be tax deductable. Boats, live aboards and floating homes can qualify as second homes.

A lot of people are not aware that there might be alternative living available in Tiburon with the opportunity to live "on the water" for a fraction of the price of a home in Tiburon.
Depends whether you are a land lubber or if you might consider a floating home. If you live in a floating home you can still go to the same post office and eat at the same restaurants.
Last month I saw 1 house for 900k+ in Tiburon. Please don't limit yourself to a real estate agent's own personal inventory.
Great answers. My sources agree with all three of your answers.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
If you are lucky you will find a fixer that hasn't been bid up by a developer for 850,000. However, I would encourage you to look in San Rafael as for the same price just a few miles up the freeway with much better weather and you will get almost twice the house for your money.
Hello Joe,

I guess I found your question too late, Perhaps you have already bought the one Mario mentioned below. If not, the least expenseive one I see in Tiburon today is priced at $1,125,000; it/s a 3/2, 1174sf house. The next one is priced at $1,399K.

But why stop there if you are looking for properties in excellent towns with great schools to purchase and invest? I know a lot of excellent schools in Marin. Ross, kentfield, Mill Valley all have wonderful schools. Some more distant (from the City) towns like San Rafael and Novato also have excellent schools and great investments. Take a look at http://www.sylviaSellsMarin.com/MarinAPI and let me know if you are interested in any of the areas and we can go from there.

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
Two homes at $1,050,000 and two homes at $1,150,000 are the current available lowest priced homes in Tiburon. If you want, I can send you the info, just email me from my blog
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Beverly Hills, CA